REPORTS TO: Senior Director, Digital Initiatives
STATUS: Full-time, non-exempt
Through artistic excellence coupled with innovative, relevant programming; initiatives to connect with and grow new audiences; engagement with communities to ignite creativity across Chicago; and a modernized Opera House that is the setting for truly great experiences, Lyric is leading the advancement of opera. This collaborative vision will deliver ever more exciting, thought-provoking and inclusive audience and community experiences – while increasing the gravitational pull of our art form, our company, and our city.
The Digital Marketing Associate position is a key position on Lyric’s digital marketing team, assisting team members on all digital channels, including website, email, social media, digital advertising, SMS messaging, surveys, and reporting. This is an entry-level position for a person with digital savvy who wants to gain experience and skills focused on digital marketing in the arts.
Lyric is looking for a teammate keen to learn and grow their knowledge and skills. Previous experience is not required, but an interest in digital and measurement is key!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Demonstrate leadership in accordance with Lyric’s mission and vision.
· Work within Lyric’s content management system (Episerver) to create new pages on lyricopera.org, update production information, and create personalized content.
· Wireframe, design, and create emails in Prospect2 (ActiveCampaign).
· Construct marketing automations for processes like pre-event emails, website behavior-based emails, internal form notifications, etc. in Prospect2 (ActiveCampaign).
· Support Lyric’s Manager of Social Media by identifying and authoring content, scheduling posts, and monitoring and responding to audience interaction.
· Build, monitor, and optimize digital ad campaigns in Facebook Business Manager and Google Ads.
· Write content and pitch ideas for Lyric’s blog, Lyric Lately.
· Coordinate marketing team proofing on a wide array of digital content from blogs to video.
· Plan and set up SMS campaigns on MobileCause and Prospect2.
· Use SurveyMonkey to design, create, implement, and analyze survey results.
· Participate in testing processes around new web, email, and digital broadcast functionality.
· Monitor digital analytics as needed.
· As the business evolves, so may this role. These duties may change as Lyric’s leadership identifies the need at any time.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience.
· Proven ability to work and think independently, a detailed-oriented, motivated self-starter.
· Excellent analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
· Strong writing and grammar skills to contribute to content creation and to respond to social media interactions.
· Aptitude for prioritizing and managing simultaneous projects while adhering to deadlines and collaborating with people at all levels of the organization.
· Experience using a content management system, sending email campaigns, or employing a marketing automation platform.
· Ability to demonstrate good judgment in acting as an online representative of the organization.
· Knowledge of and passion for the arts.
· Work experience in digital marketing and/or related field a plus.
· Previous experience in non-profit organizations a plus.
· Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS a plus.
· Basic graphic design skills (image resizing, text overlay) a plus.
· Sitting for extended periods of time.
· Ability to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other office equipment.
TO APPLY: https://lyricopera.applytojob.com/apply/eUpvEghaiD/Digital-Marketing-Associate?source=League+of+Chicago+Theatres
The Lyric Opera of Chicago is committed to enhancing our diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Lyric does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, parental status, veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.