Lyric Opera of Chicago
REPORTS TO: Chief Advancement Officer
STATUS: Full-time, non-exempt
Through artistic excellence coupled with innovative, relevant programming; initiatives to connect with and grow new audiences; engagement with communities to ignite creativity across Chicago; and a modernized Opera House that is the setting for truly great experiences, Lyric is leading the advancement of opera. This collaborative vision will deliver ever more exciting, thought-provoking and inclusive audience and community experiences – while increasing the gravitational pull of our art form, our company, and our city.
We are searching for an Executive Assistant (EA) to be responsible for executive-level support of the Chief Advancement Officer and other leaders within the Development Department. The EA will also be required to regularly interact with and be accountable for the needs and requests of Lyric’s highest-level, most influential donors.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Demonstrate leadership in alignment with Lyric’s mission and vision.
● Assist the Manager, Board of Directors by providing support for all BOD meetings, scheduling, materials collection, meeting notices, and other duties as needed.
● Manage the Chief Advancement Officer’s appointment calendar, including scheduling meetings with all internal/external personnel and coordinate related communications and/or support materials.
● Demonstrate ownership over all correspondence for the Chief Advancement Officer, which includes screening all incoming correspondence, initiating responses, or forwarding to other staff members for follow-up, as appropriate, manage monthly birthday video greetings for CAO.
● Perform various general administrative duties for other senior development staff (VP, Development and VP, Principal Gifts) in support of ongoing departmental workload balance and special events, including VIP ticket requests, Graham Room reservations, filing officers’ expense reports, etc.
● Provide support for special projects such as BOD trips, production sponsor opening night dinners, Opera Ball, Wine Auction, Production Sponsorship stewardship materials, donor recognition signage throughout the opera house, etc.
● Coordinate efforts with other internal staff and ensure a high level of customer service to VIP donors.
● Maintain the Chief Advancement Officer’s phone line, and provide phone coverage at all times.
● As the business evolves, so may this role. These duties may change as Lyric’s leadership identifies the need at any time.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
● Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience.
● 2-5 years of executive assistant experience preferred.
● Working knowledge of and comfort working with:
o Microsoft suite of products
o Google platform
o CRM expertise (Tessitura a strong plus)
● Ability to work and think independently, a motivated self-starter who also works well in a larger team.
● Personal charisma and the capacity to positively represent Lyric Opera to VIP donors.
● Ability to occasionally work evening or weekend functions, deployments, or performances.
● Fast-paced and demanding environment.
● Sitting for extended periods.
● Ability to operate a computer keyboard, mouse and to handle other office equipment.
● Ability to lift 30 pounds.
TO APPLY: https://lyricopera.applytojob.com/apply/dFaGN5t0YV/Executive-Assistant-To-The-Chief-Advancement-Officer?source=League+of+Chicago+Theatres
The Lyric Opera of Chicago is committed to enhancing our diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Lyric does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, parental status, veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.
To apply for this job please visit lyricopera.applytojob.com.