REPORTS TO: Vice President and General Manager, Presentations and Events
STATUS: Full-Time, non-exempt
Lyric Opera of Chicago exists to provide a broad, deep and relevant cultural service to the Chicago region and the nation, and to advance the development of the art form of opera.
We are searching for a Facilities Coordinator to be responsible for assisting tasks within the Facilities Department. This includes working with Dining Spaces, Concessions, Administrative positions, and office building services.
Lyric Opera of Chicago’s Facilities Coordinator position serves as primary service contact liaison for the department as well as provides support to the Vice President and assist other team members within the department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Demonstrate leadership in accordance with Lyric’s mission and vision.
· Process payroll for box office and engineering staff.
· Calculate tip-outs for restaurant staff.
· Coordinate office services for Lyric office staff including repair, maintenance, cleaning, climate control, painting, furniture (moves and replacements); this includes weekly monitoring of conditions throughout and programmed maintenance.
· Receive inventory deliveries and mail on behalf of department whenever needed.
· Verify and process weekly accounts payables for department (FAC, REST, P&E). Collect W-9’s from contractors as needed. Digitize and e-file invoices as needed.
· Maintain contacts with Lyric partners and neighbors including performance calendar updates and general information dissemination.
· Collect, verify, and file certificates of insurance from contractors for all department needs.
· Assists with concessions inventory on a frequent basis. Prepare monthly inventory v. sales reports to forward to Finance based on monthly inventory actual totals.
· Verify sales for box office, dining space, and concessions and forward to accounting.
· Order office supplies as needed. Maintain cleanliness and organization of department supply closet and general office area.
· Provide support for dining spaces including menu updates in the POS system, formatting menus, printing menus, daily receipts verification.
· Insure department information is provided to marketing for website inclusion and accuracy. This includes restaurant menus, concession offerings, event calendar, and facility services.
· Manage operation and maintenance of CCURE, Security Key Card system.
· Manage dining space reservations using tickets-based program, Tessitura.
· As the business evolves, so may this role. These duties may change as Lyric’s leadership identifies the need at any time.
· Ability to assist with evening events and performances if requested.
· Able to lift 50 pounds.
· Ability to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
· Focusing in open environment while surrounded by multiple conversations and distractions.
· Fielding inbound calls from employees and prioritizing them between daily tasks.
HOW TO APPLY:Please forward a resume and cover letter to email@example.com denoting position of interest at the subject line, or mail to: Lyric Opera of Chicago, Attention: Human Resources, 20 N. Wacker Dr, Suite 860, Chicago, IL 60606.
The Lyric Opera of Chicago is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Lyric does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, parental status, veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org