Time Commitment: 14-20 hours per week
Compensation: Paid Internship; Course credit available; $30 travel stipend per week
Through artistic excellence coupled with innovative, relevant programming; initiatives to connect with and grow new audiences; engagement with communities to ignite creativity across Chicago; and a modernized Opera House that is the setting for truly great experiences, Lyric is leading the advancement of opera. This collaborative vision will deliver ever more exciting, thought-provoking and inclusive audience and community experiences – while increasing the gravitational pull of our art form, our company, and our city.
Every year, Lyric Opera hosts a number of interns to enrich the opera house with new ideas and get the experience they are pursuing in their profession. Throughout the internship period, interns will get the chance to meet other fellow interns with their supervisors to learn more about the Opera house, what goes behind the scenes, and how departments work collaboratively to provide a cultural service to the Chicago region and the nation.
Brief Description of Duties:
- Recruiting: Assist with job postings, screening, scheduling, and processing candidates throughout the hiring process.
- Onboarding: Assist with onboarding processes for new hires.
- HR Administration: Assist with sorting, scanning, filing and documenting employee records and data.
- Lyric Intern Program: Assist with the refinement of our internship program, including capability building and recreational activities for interns, etc.
- Other special projects
- Ability to apply sound judgment, creativity and problem-solving skills to improve HR programs and operations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Professional, highly organized, and detail oriented
- Ability to work well with a team
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office a plus, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint