REPORTS TO: Senior Director of Institutional Partnerships
STATUS: Full-time, non-exempt
Lyric Opera of Chicago exists to provide a broad, deep, and relevant cultural service to the Chicago region and the nation, and to advance the development of the art form of opera.
We are searching for a professional, energetic, and enthusiastic Institutional Partnerships Assistant who will work with the Senior Director of Institutional Partnerships to coordinate fulfillment of institutional sponsorship agreements, and work with the Institutional Partnerships team within the Development department to provide high-level stewardship to Lyric’s corporate, foundation, and government funders.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Compile/update sponsorship materials and customize proposals from pre-existing team materials to generate institutional funding for Lyric’s annual campaign, including support for unrestricted general operating, Lyric Unlimited, special projects, and event sponsorships.
- Serve as initial proof-reader for Institutional Partnership proposals and reports, developed by other team members.
- Generate select annual corporate membership renewals (MRNs), based on a quarterly review process.
- Write production collateral (artist bios, opera descriptions, etc.) as assigned by Senior Director of Institutional
- Partnerships in collaboration with other members of the Development team.
- Write post-performance stewardship letters for production sponsors.
- Coordinate Data Arts annual cross-departmental reporting.
- Assist with prospecting research, including institutional prospect research (i.e. Crain’s) in coordination with Development department Manager of Prospect Research, as well as proactively collect logo recognition examples from other organizations.
- Assist in maintaining institutional files, including electronic records in Tessitura, tracking all points of contact, and institutional donor-related invitation status.
- Assist the Senior Director of Institutional Partnerships with the Civic Engagement Committee of Lyric’s Board of Directors, including planning meetings, writing minutes, and communicating with committee members.
- Coordinate Business Ensemble networking events and prospecting performances in collaboration with other team members, including invitation mailing and response tracking, special event logistics, and event attendee follow up as assigned.
- Coordinate fulfillment of institutional sponsor agreements with donors/staff.
- Coordinate all institutional recognition updates in the season program, Lyric website, Tessitura, Lyric e-news, etc.
- Coordinate corporate discount ticket offers with marketing and ticket departments.
- Work in tandem with Lyric’s Marketing department and Lyric Unlimited as the first point person in all sponsorship listings, including production sponsorship listings.
- Collect, track, and archive all Lyric marketing and sponsorship materials for the season for the Development department.
- Assist Chief Development Officer and Production Sponsorship Committee of Lyric’s Board of Directors with production sponsor needs (i.e. cast party photo duties, etc.).
- Manage stewardship of institutional matching gift donations, including research and personalized acknowledgements.
- Assist in creating and implementing improved systems and procedures in the donor relations area (e.g., utilizing Tessitura to its fullest capabilities, etc.).
- Process VIP subscriptions, ticket exchanges, and single ticket requests through effective coordination with the Ticket department, as assigned.
Provide general administrative support to supervisor and coworkers in the unit: coordinate and prepare proposal materials; respond to phone inquiries, type/proofread correspondence, order supplies, prepare fax/email/messenger items.
- Complete special projects, assist with department-wide special events throughout the season, and perform other duties, as assigned.
- As the business evolves, so may this role. These duties may change as Lyric’s leadership identifies the need at any time.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in communications, performing arts, business, or equivalent experience.
- More than 2 years of professional experience, preferably with an arts or cultural institution.
- Grant writing experience strongly preferred.
- Classical music background or interest strongly preferred.
- Previous high-profile customer service experience helpful.
- Working knowledge of and comfort working with:
- Microsoft suite of products
- CRM expertise (Tessitura a strong plus)
- Must be available to work nights and weekends during the opera season (September – May), including all opening night performances, special events, and select additional performances as needed.
- Ability to work and think independently, a motivated self-starter who also works well in a larger team.
- Ability to occasionally oversee evening or weekend functions, deployments or performances.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other office equipment.
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org denoting position of interest in the subject line, or mail to: Lyric Opera of Chicago, Attention: Human Resources, 20 N. Wacker Dr, Suite 860, Chicago, IL 60606.
The Lyric Opera of Chicago is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Lyric does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, parental status, veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com