Compensation: 14-20 hours/week; Paid Internship; Course credit available; $30 travel stipend per week
Through artistic excellence coupled with innovative, relevant programming; initiatives to connect with and grow new audiences; engagement with communities to ignite creativity across Chicago; and a modernized Opera House that is the setting for truly great experiences, Lyric is leading the advancement of opera. This collaborative vision will deliver ever more exciting, thought-provoking and inclusive audience and community experiences – while increasing the gravitational pull of our art form, our company, and our city.
Every year, Lyric Opera hosts a number of interns to enrich the opera house with new ideas and get the experience they are pursuing in their profession. Throughout the internship period, interns will get the chance to meet other fellow interns with their supervisors to learn more about the Opera house, what goes behind the scenes, and how departments work collaboratively to provide a cultural service to the Chicago region and the nation.
The IT Operations Intern is responsible for learning and providing Level 1 technical support for the help desk including desktop, network, and peripheral technology infrastructure and service delivery. This position reports to the Director of IT Operations and works closely with all departments for end-user support and service.
In addition, the internship offers the opportunity to participate and learn from a variety of current IT projects based on interest such as CRM, Point of Sale, E-commerce, or Networking.
The internship is for one academic year and includes a monthly travel stipend.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Efficiently provide IT help desk services.
- Use Help Desk ticket system to document all requests & resolutions.
- End User account management in Active Directory, Artsvision, CMS, TessRamp, etc.
- Perform installation of required hardware/software including upgrades to Windows 10Office 2018
- Assist users with basic orientation and training for optimum usage of HWSW
- Act as IT team representative for intake of user assistance requests.
- Interface with users via telephone, remote software, or in person to identify, research, and diagnose problems.
- Resolve issues or engage other internal/external technical staff to assist, as needed.
- Escalate items as appropriate to Level 2 and Level 3 help desk staff.
- Participate in one major IT project
Knowledge and Skills:
- High School Diploma plus relevant secondary education coursework from an accredited college or university in computer sciences, business administration or equivalent experience
- 1+ years of experience in Information Technology, or a related technology-oriented discipline
- Strong skills in MS-Office, Windows, and Desktop support.
- Developing general knowledge of hardware and peripheral operations and maintenance, including PCs, HP LaserJet printers, Wi-Fi, Telephones and Microsoft networks.
- Macintosh experience a plus.
- Good oral/written, documentation, and user service skills
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Ability to lift and move 30+ pounds on a routine basis
- Other duties as assigned
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other office equipment