REPORTS TO: Director of Development Operations
STATUS: Full-time, exempt
Lyric Opera of Chicago exists to provide a broad, deep and relevant cultural service to the Chicago region and the nation, and to advance the development of the art form of opera.
We are searching for a Manager of Operations and Data Analytics. The Manager of Operations and Data Analytics is responsible for supporting departmental fundraising efforts using our enterprise system, Tessitura. Support includes employee onboarding, providing technical support, and reporting and analytics on fundraising programs. S/he is responsible for accurate reporting and uses data in decision making to increase income and maximize ROI.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Provide analysis of Development fundraising efforts using Tessitura, and other reporting tools.
· Power user for donor database:
- Create and maintain all Development documentation for Tessitura and establish department standards for data entry.
- Test and implement new Tessitura functionality.
- Practice ongoing data maintenance to improve data integrity.
- Lead regular assessments of custom data (e.g. Donor Related Accounts).
- Maintain procedure for tracking departmental fundraising solicitations (Tessitura Plans); continual process evaluation/improvement.
- Lists and extractions
· Manage the Development portion of the Lyric Season Program. This is a large scale, multi-faceted project.
- Create, manage, and implement timeline
- Distribute copy and collect edits on a recurring basis
- Accurately communicate all edits to Performance Media on a recurring basis
- Oversee the timeliness and completion of special program pages (Aria Society, Patron Salute, etc.)
· Lead new employee onboarding; set up and provide comprehensive training on the use of Tessitura and reporting tools. Act as Customer Service Coach for Development, outline standards, teach and instill best practices within the department.
· Assist Annual and Major Giving Teams in the development of data-driven donor acquisition and retention strategies and tactics with particular attention to net revenue and process optimization.
· Work closely with the Annual and Major Giving Teams to use models as diagnostic and analytical tools and generate prospect lists based on the predictive models.
· Work with the Director of Development Operations on Process Improvement; recommend changes to enhance innovation, objectives and goals of the Development department
· Manage production of all Development department stationary (approximately 10 different pieces each season), including coordination of design elements and proofing of copy. Assume primary responsibility for specific printed items as assigned.
· Manage all aspects of Premium Ticketing Services in the database. Department wide account review and report maintenance.
· Play role in the successful execution of major Development department events (Millennium Park, Opening Night, Wine Auction) and assist with companywide special events throughout the season.
· Demonstrate leadership in accordance with Lyric’s mission and vision.
· As the business evolves, so may this role. These duties may change as Lyric’s leadership identifies the need at any time.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
· Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
· 3+ years of professional experience in development field and previous fundraising experience required.
· Proficiency with MS-Office products (Word, Excel).
· Knowledge of Tessitura required with a minimum of 2-3 years of direct use.
· Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical staff, and bridge the gap between the two
· Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, and oral/written communication skills essential.
· Ability to successfully and independently resolve a wide variety of customer service issues.
· Ability to manage multiple projects with overlapping deadlines required.
· Ability to work and think independently, a motivated self-starter who also works well in a larger team.
· Knowledge of opera a plus.
· Ability to occasionally oversee evening or weekend functions, deployments or performances.
· Sitting for extended periods of time.
· Ability to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other office equipment.
Interested applicants may send their resume and cover letter to email@example.com denoting position of interest.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org