Lyric Opera of Chicago
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Marketing and Communications
STATUS: Full-time, non-exempt
Through artistic excellence coupled with innovative, relevant programming; initiatives to connect with and grow new audiences; engagement with communities to ignite creativity across Chicago; and a modernized Opera House that is the setting for truly great experiences, Lyric is leading the advancement of opera. This collaborative vision will deliver ever more exciting, thought-provoking and inclusive audience and community experiences – while increasing the gravitational pull of our art form, our company, and our city.
The Marketing and Public Relations Coordinator is responsible for a wide range of work supporting Lyric’s marketing and public relations objectives and staff. For example, the department is responsible for ticket sales and revenue, audience engagement, and earned media placement. In addition, this role is responsible for various administrative, PR, and marketing/sales functions that support this critical work.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Format and distribute all press releases on behalf of the company.
· Maintain the local, national and international press distribution lists.
· Oversee press performance seating and ticketing needs.
· Book and source photographers as needed.
· Maintain press and advertising clippings, including daily review of papers. In addition, distribute to internal list highlights of key media coverage on a weekly basis.
· Maintain marketing memberships in local and national organizations that support Lyric’s work.
· Collect and fulfill donation requests from external partners.
· Coordinate all building signage, internal and external, and marquee copy, in collaboration with Lyric’s director of sales and advertising and creative project associate.
· Assist in planning, administration, and execution of the annual Subscriber Preview event and the annual Millennium Park Concert.
· Assist department in coordinating and producing press conferences and photoshoots throughout the season, including creating and maintaining timelines, travel schedules/bookings, organizing planning meetings; prepare event kits, and monitor “day-of” execution.
· Conduct extensive photo research on artists and productions via the Internet, negotiate fees for usage and monitor photography budget.
· Hire and oversee interns for the Marketing and Public Relations departments.
· Train and monitor work of support staff/interns in the maintenance of company archives and departmental filing systems for current/completed projects as needed.
· Manage and coordinate special events for the marketing department.
· General office administration duties include placing office supply orders, coordinating needs for new hires, and arranging catering meetings and events. Maintain communication with IT department on equipment needs and malfunctions.
· Provide organizational and administrative support for department leadership as needed, including facilitation of communications with other Lyric departments, meeting coordination, travel booking, and maintaining the department calendar.
· As the business evolves, so may this role. These duties may change as Lyric’s leadership identifies the need at any time.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
· Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in marketing or communications or equivalent experience.
· Strong organizational, eagerness to learn, professional demeanor, oral/written and interpersonal communication skills are essential.
· Previous experience in an administrative support role includes a demonstrated ability to work independently and accomplish results accurately and efficiently in a fast-paced, high-level service environment.
· Expert word-processing and proficient software skills, familiarity with MS Office software, including PowerPoint, Adobe Photoshop, and Tessitura.
· Similar experience in the marketing, advertising, or publishing fields is highly desirable, as is experienced with graphic design/production or press/media relations.
· Opera and/or classical music knowledge and interest would be a significant plus.
· Ability to work and think independently, a motivated self-starter who also works well in a larger team.
· Ability to occasionally oversee evening or weekend functions or performances.
· Sitting for extended periods of time.
· Ability to operate a computer keyboard, mouse and to handle other office equipment.
TO APPLY: https://lyricopera.applytojob.com/apply/sHHnmBw8tt/Marketing-And-Public-Relations-Coordinator?source=League+of+Chicago+Theatres
The Lyric Opera of Chicago is committed to enhancing our diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Lyric does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, parental status, veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.
To apply for this job please visit lyricopera.applytojob.com.