Lyric Opera of Chicago
REPORTS TO: Director of Sales and Advertising
STATUS: Full-time, non-exempt
Through artistic excellence coupled with innovative, relevant programming; initiatives to connect with and grow new audiences; engagement with communities to ignite creativity across Chicago; and a modernized Opera House that is the setting for truly great experiences, Lyric is leading the advancement of opera. This collaborative vision will deliver ever more exciting, thought-provoking and inclusive audience and community experiences – while increasing the gravitational pull of our art form, our company, and our city.
Reporting to the Director of Sales and Advertising, the Marketing Associate, Advertising & Promotions is an action-oriented position that plays an integral role in Lyric’s marketing program for the main stage opera season and all Lyric special events and programming. In addition, the position executes tactical work in support of Lyric’s short and long-term strategic marketing plans aimed at maximizing ticket sales and revenue for both subscriptions and individual ticket sales through a variety of sales and advertising channels. Primary responsibilities include coordination of promotional ticket sales, advertising trafficking, coordination of promotional opportunities, and copywriting.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Work in collaboration with the marketing team to conceive innovative marketing plans to accomplish established marketing and sales objectives.
· Support revenue and ticket goals by implementing and evaluating advertising, direct mail, and promotional activity action plans.
· Contribute to creating advertising and direct mail projects and managing the coordination of assets, development, and set-up of promotions, and oversight of the proofing process.
· Responsible for creating and tracking all promotional codes for the Marketing Department and other departments as needed.
· Act as liaison to our media buying agencies and work with them to determine niche marketing opportunities related to specific titles.
· Manage third-party ticket sales relationships, including generation of marketing copy, management of inventory, reconciliation of sales. Act as a point person between Lyric’s audience services and third-party vendors.
· Create content for and execute select e-marketing campaigns through Prospect2.
· Work with fellow marketing staff to identify and coordinate strategic sales-generating partnerships and implement plans.
· Support audience retention through individual projects, including coordination of the annual Subscriber Season Preview, ticket fulfillment communication pieces, and other loyalty initiatives.
· Support Lyric’s relationships with the hospitality community and marketing membership organizations that provide support for Lyric.
· Support public-facing events, both Lyric driven and external events in which Lyric participates, through the creation of collateral materials, coordination of staffing, and other participation elements.
· Act as liaison to Audience Services.
· These duties may change as Lyric’s leadership identifies the need at any time.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
· At least 2 years of experience in arts marketing, preferably in the performing arts.
· Passion for the performing arts, especially opera.
· Ease with copywriting to produce compelling sales copy for advertising, web, and collateral materials.
· Strong communication, time management, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
· Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
· Ability to prioritize work, use good judgment, pay attention to detail, demonstrate a strong sense of urgency, and promptly carry projects through to completion.
· Results-oriented team player with the ability to take the initiative and drive programs.
· Must be highly self-motivated, personally & professionally resilient, and capable of working independently and collaboratively.
· Must thrive in a fast-paced, multi-channel environment.
· Knowledge of Tessitura and Google Data Studio or other analytics tools is a plus.
· Ability to occasionally oversee evening or weekend functions, deployments, or performances.
· Sitting for extended periods of time.
· Ability to operate a computer keyboard, mouse and to handle other office equipment.
· Salary is commensurate with experience. Lyric offers generous vacation and holiday time and a competitive benefits package.
TO APPLY: https://lyricopera.applytojob.com/apply/fouIbhvshs/Marketing-Associate-Advertising-Promotions?source=League+of+Chicago+Theatres
The Lyric Opera of Chicago is committed to enhancing our diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Lyric does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, parental status, veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.
To apply for this job please visit lyricopera.applytojob.com.