REPORTS TO: Director of Presentation and Events
STATUS: Full-time, non-exempt
Lyric Opera of Chicago exists to provide a broad, deep and relevant cultural service to the Chicago region and the nation, and to advance the development of the art form of opera.
The Presentation and Events Coordinator provides support to the Director of Presentation and Events in all aspects of internal and private events including, but not limited to, soliciting, securing, producing, coordinating, executing and finalizing all external rentals, as well as internal events as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Respond to initial space inquiries and conduct outbound phone calls to former and prospective clients; complete database of each contact; conduct client tours and walk-throughs as needed.
- Prepare event information sheets to circulate to staff and interface with staff to make certain of accurate dissemination; attend load-in and events as needed.
- Prepare and circulate event calendar to various internal and external parties.
- Prepare budget proposals for private events.
- Work with marketing on quarterly emails and calendar updates on website.
- Serve as primary events contact for all Lyric Opera departments, coordinating space use and services needed to accommodate event specific needs.
- Other duties as assigned in support of Presentations and Events.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Experience in hospitality, event planning, and/or catering preferred.
- Computer proficiency with Word, PowerPoint, and Excel required.
- Excellent organizational and proofreading skills required. Eye for detail and accuracy are critical.
- Effective problem-solving abilities; sound, logical decision-making skills required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and business savvy required.
- Strong communication skills, including effective listening skills required. Must have a strong customer service orientation.
- Must be able to meet critical deadlines and work effectively under pressure.
- Strong follow-up and follow through abilities required.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage a consistently heavy workload.
- Demonstrated experience in bookkeeping and budget preparation required.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other office equipment.
- Sitting and standing for extended periods of time.
- Some nights and weekends are required.
The Lyric Opera of Chicago is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Lyric does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, parental status, veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.
Please forward a resume and cover letter to email@example.com denoting position of interest at the subject line, or mail to: Lyric Opera of Chicago, Attention: Human Resources, 20 N. Wacker Dr, Suite 860, Chicago, IL 60606.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org