Time Commitment: 14-20 Hours Per Week
Compensation: Paid Internship, Course Credit Available, $30 Travel Stipend Per Week, Flexible Scheduling
Through artistic excellence coupled with innovative, relevant programming; initiatives to connect with and grow new audiences; engagement with communities to ignite creativity across Chicago; and a modernized Opera House that is the setting for truly great experiences, Lyric is leading the advancement of opera. This collaborative vision will deliver ever more exciting, thought-provoking and inclusive audience and community experiences – while increasing the gravitational pull of our art form, our company, and our city.
Every year, Lyric Opera hosts a number of interns to enrich the opera house with new ideas and get the experience they are pursuing in their profession. Throughout the internship period, interns will get the chance to meet other fellow interns with their supervisors to learn more about the Opera house, what goes behind the scenes, and how departments work collaboratively to provide a cultural service to the Chicago region and the nation.
Brief description of duties:
- Monitor news publications and distribute articles to staff as appropriate
- Maintain media log of press mentions
- Fulfill photo requests from media
- Maintain press contact lists
- Proof publications
- Assist with press ticketing requests
- Assist with drafting blog posts, press releases, assets releases, etc.
- Assist members of the department(s) as necessary
- Assist in preparation and management of press events
- Good judgment and communication skills, strong writing and editing skills are essential
- Professional, highly organized, detail oriented, self-starter
- Advanced knowledge of Google Drive and Microsoft Office, including Excel
- Ability to work well with a team, some evening and weekend work may be requested
- Excellent communication skills
- Pursuing a degree in marketing, communications, or related field