Lyric Opera of Chicago
REPORTS TO: Director or Ticketing and Audience Services
STATUS: Full-Time, Exempt
Through artistic excellence coupled with innovative, relevant programming; initiatives to connect with and grow new audiences; engagement with communities to ignite creativity across Chicago; and a modernized Opera House that is the setting for truly great experiences, Lyric is leading the advancement of opera. This collaborative vision will deliver ever more exciting, thought-provoking and inclusive audience and community experiences – while increasing the gravitational pull of our art form, our company, and our city.
Lyric Opera of Chicago is seeking a Sales Manager to provide leadership, vision, and direction to our Call Center Representatives. The Sales Manager will be a passionate advocate of the arts and will take every opportunity to sell and promote the magic of the opera.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Provide full employee experience supervision of Call Center Representatives in alignment with Lyric’s vision and values.
· Serve as a trainer for Call Center Representatives while monitoring Lyric’s annual Outbound Subscription, Individual Opera/Musical Tickets, and Annual Giving Donations Phone Campaigns.
· Ensure ticket sales are secured via outbound calls while simultaneously finding creative ways to generate maximum ticket revenue.
· Assist with the ongoing development of Ticket Department Policies and Procedures, especially regarding Call Center Representatives.
· Develop communication programs to efficiently share often-changing Ticket Department Promotions and Policies and Procedure information with Call Center Representatives.
· Responsible for interdepartmental sales management reporting.
· Create effective Call Center scripts which effectively generate increased ticket revenue.
· Ensure patrons are called promptly with the intent to sell and solicit donations for the Fund of Lyric campaign.
· Develop strategies and instructional programs for all Ticket Department Representatives to help them fully realize their revenue potential.
· Coordinate unique promotional strategies while appropriately training Call Center Representatives.
· Cross-train with other ticketing staff on Lyric Sales, tactics, and initiatives.
· As the business evolves, so may this role. These duties may change as Lyric’s leadership identifies the need at any time.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Previous experience in a customer service role within a high-volume telephone sales or order processing environment is essential, including:
· Demonstrated superior ability to deliver sales by phone consistently.
· 3+ years of supervisory experience.
· Demonstrated skills in (creative) problem-resolution and exceptional customer service.
· Proven ability to communicate successfully with a significant number of challenging, customer service interactions.
· Demonstrate an ability to problem solve and overcome patrons’ objections.
· Must have excellent customer service phone and sales skills, strong detail/multi-tasking capabilities, good mathematical aptitude, and proficiency with personal computer software (MS-Office and especially MS – Excel).
· Strong written, oral & interpersonal skills are essential, including the ability to interact effectively (both in-person & via telephone) with a wide variety of patrons.
· Must have knowledge of opera and/or the performing arts.
· Previous experience in ticketing and knowledge of computerized ticketing systems (Tessitura) is very desirable.
· Ability to occasionally lift about 35lbs.
· Willingness to work flexible evening & weekend hours.
· May be sitting and/or on the phone for long periods.
TO APPLY: https://lyricopera.applytojob.com/apply/7jVcx5LBA3/Sales-Manager?source=League+of+Chicago+Theatres
The Lyric Opera of Chicago is committed to enhancing our diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Lyric does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, parental status, veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.
To apply for this job please visit lyricopera.applytojob.com.