REPORTS TO: Director of Special Events
STATUS: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Lyric Opera of Chicago exists to provide a broad, deep, and relevant cultural service to the Chicago region and the nation, and to advance the development of the art form of opera.
Lyric Opera of Chicago’s Special Events Coordinator will act as a resource interdepartmentally, cross-departmentally and to our donors on various topics connecting to special events, galas, development meetings, and The William B. and Catherine Graham Room.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrate leadership in accordance with Lyric’s mission and vision.
The William B. and Catherine Graham Room
- Taking of reservations and cancellations.
- Response to inquiries via the Graham Room email account.
- Assistance preparing, updating, and distributing attendance lists to internal contacts.
- Maintain membership records, organizes billing preparation, create menus and wine lists.
- Update and maintain PoS system, Revel, as needed.
- Create surveys for member feedback.
- Enter all billing into Navision software to create monthly member invoices.
Donor Cultivation and Stewardship Events
- Assist in the planning and execution of the development special events: Signature Events, Benefactor Dinners and Receptions, Aria Society Dinner, master classes, Planned Giving Events, Overture Society Luncheons, Estate Planning/Planned Giving Seminars and Advisory Council Meetings, and other outreach events, Production Sponsorship Opening Night Dinners and cast parties, Stars of Lyric Opera at Millennium Park; fundraising galas, board meetings, etc.
- Prepare invitation lists, printing and mailing of invitations, collecting RSVPs and confirmation of hosts/hostesses; oversee room preparation, and provide on-site primary support at events to check-in guests and troubleshoot problems that may arise.
- Answer phones, monitor the Graham Room and Special Events email accounts.
- Maintain RSVP lists in Tessitura database.
- Print place cards, escort cards, menu cards, and other materials.
- Maintain schedule of Graham Room and company-wide event calendar via ArtsVision.
- Maintain office filing system and related Development department central filing.
- Assist with special projects and provide other clerical assistance to supervisor, as requested.
As the business evolves, so may this role. These duties may change as Lyric’s leadership identifies the need at any time.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Previous experience in an administrative/office support role preferred.
- Must be over the age of 21.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and written/oral communication skills required.
- Proficiency with MS-Office products (Word and Excel) is required; proficiency with Google (Gmail, Google calendar is necessary; knowledge of Tessitura and ArtsVision is a plus.)
- Ability to work and think independently, a motivated self-starter who also works well in a larger team.
- Ability to regularly work evenings or weekend events.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other office equipment.
- Ability to lift 25+ lbs.
- Ability to sit for an extended period of time.
The Lyric Opera of Chicago is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Lyric does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, parental status, veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.
Please forward a resume and cover letter to email@example.com denoting position of interest at the subject line, or mail to: Lyric Opera of Chicago, Attention: Human Resources, 20 N. Wacker Dr, Suite 860, Chicago, IL 60606.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org