Lyric Opera of Chicago
REPORTS TO: Senior Director of the Boards and Special Events
STATUS: Full-time, non-exempt
Through artistic excellence coupled with innovative, relevant programming; initiatives to connect with and grow new audiences; engagement with communities to ignite creativity across Chicago; and a modernized Opera House that is the setting for truly great experiences, Lyric is leading the advancement of opera. This collaborative vision will deliver ever more exciting, thought-provoking and inclusive audience and community experiences – while increasing the gravitational pull of our art form, our company, and our city.
Lyric Opera of Chicago’s Special Events Coordinator will be a resource cross-departmentally and for our donors on various projects. In addition, the Special Events Coordinator will provide support in connection to special events, galas, donor stewardship events, development meetings, and The William B and Catherine Graham Room that is reserved for dining for Lyric’s most generous donors at the Distinguished Patron level.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The William B. and Catherine Graham Room
· Demonstrate leadership in alignment with Lyric’s mission and vision.
· Take and record reservations and cancellations.
· Respond to inquiries via the Graham Room email account.
· Assists with preparation, update, and distribution of attendance lists .
· Maintain membership records, organize billing preparation, create menus and wine lists.
· Update and maintain PoS system, Revel, as needed.
· Create surveys for member feedback.
· Enter all billing into Navision software to create monthly member invoices.
· Assist in the planning and execution of the development of special and stewardship events.
· Prepare invitation lists, print and mail invitations, collect RSVPs and confirm hosts/hostesses; oversee room preparation, and provide on-site primary support at events to check-in guests and troubleshoot problems that may arise.
· Answer phones monitor the Graham Room and Special Events email accounts.
· Maintain RSVP lists in the Tessitura database.
· Print place, escort, and menu cards, along with other materials as needed.
· Maintain schedule of Graham Room and company-wide event calendar via ArtsVision.
· Maintain office filing system and related development department central filing.
· Assist with special projects and provide other clerical assistance to supervisor, as requested.
· As the business evolves, so may this role. These duties may change as Lyric’s leadership identifies the need at any time.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
● Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
● Previous experience in an administrative/office support role preferred.
● Must be over the age of 21.
● Strong organizational, interpersonal, and written/oral communication skills are required.
● Proficiency with MS Office products (Word and Excel) is required; proficiency with Google (Gmail, Google calendar is necessary; knowledge of Tessitura and ArtsVision is a plus.)
● Ability to work and think independently, a motivated self-starter who also works well in a larger team.
● Ability to regularly work evening or weekend events.
● Ability to operate a computer keyboard, mouse and to handle other office equipment.
● Ability to lift 25+ lbs.
● Ability to sit for extended periods.
TO APPLY: https://lyricopera.applytojob.com/apply/OGLxkh91OR/Special-Events-Coordinator?source=League+of+Chicago+Theatres
The Lyric Opera of Chicago is committed to enhancing our diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Lyric does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, parental status, veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.
To apply for this job please visit lyricopera.applytojob.com.