Time Commitment: 14-20 hours per week (Fall: September 18- December 18)
Compensation: Course credit available; $30 travel stipend per week
Lyric Opera of Chicago exists to prove a broad, deep and relevant cultural service to the Chicago region and the nation, and to advance the development of the art form of opera.
The Artistic/Operations & Music Administration departments are responsible for developing, managing, and coordinating the artistic activities of Lyric Opera of Chicago including season planning, contracting of principal artists, chorus, ballet, and orchestra. Our interns gain practical work experience in day-to-day operations and business practices. They will be responsible for several projects fitting his/her experience, professional interests, and needs of the Artistic/Operations Department.
PROJECTS/DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Data entry of individual and contractual information into the artistic database
- Researching future performances at other major opera houses
- Maintaining Archival recordings project
- Maintaining the solo auditions database
- Special Projects as needed
- Day-to-day administrative and clerical functions
- Currently enrolled in college, seeking a degree in the arts preferred.
- A successful candidate must be highly organized, professional, a take-charge individual with exceptional follow-through and attention to detail. He or she must have the ability to take direction and multi-task. Is an effective communicator with strong interpersonal skills. Computer literacy is required with an emphasis in MS Word and Excel. Music/theatre background and artistic experience/interest.
The Lyric Opera of Chicago is committed to enhancing our diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Lyric does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, parental status, veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.
Please forward a resume and cover letter to email@example.com denoting position of interest.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org