Time Commitment: 14-20 hours/week
Compensation: Paid Internship; Course Credit Available; $30 weekly travel stipend per week
Through artistic excellence coupled with innovative, relevant programming; initiatives to connect with and grow new audiences; engagement with communities to ignite creativity across Chicago; and a modernized Opera House that is the setting for truly great experiences, Lyric is leading the advancement of opera. This collaborative vision will deliver ever more exciting, thought-provoking and inclusive audience and community experiences – while increasing the gravitational pull of our art form, our company, and our city.
Every year, Lyric Opera hosts a number of interns to enrich the opera house with new ideas and get the experience they are pursuing in their profession. Throughout the internship period, interns will get the chance to meet other fellow interns with their supervisors to learn more about the Opera house, what goes behind the scenes, and how departments work collaboratively to provide a cultural service to the Chicago region and the nation.
Brief description of duties:
Assist digital content producer with:
- Organization of video archives
- Set up and shooting video interviews and b-roll
- Editing using Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite including Premiere, Photoshop and After Effects
- Basic knowledge of creating graphics and motion graphics
- Basic knowledge of production elements (operating DSLR camera, setting up lighting, recording sound, etc.)
- Must be a self-starter and have excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Meticulous attention to details and ability to follow directions
- Ability to partner and collaborate with subject matter experts and creative team to get things done
- Computer literacy is required, with an emphasis in Microsoft Suite
Benefits of Digital Content Internship:
Interns will gain firsthand knowledge of the video production process at a performing arts, events-based organization. The fast paced, demanding work environment will help interns gain excellent communication skills, increase her/his ability to oversee and drive multiple projects, and to understand the role of a digital content producer in a not-for-profit marketing department. They will have the opportunity to collaborate and assist in content production from the planning stage through final execution. It is our hope that this internship will assist students in their current academic studies and/or future career in video production.