REPORTS TO: Phone Sales Supervisor
STATUS: Part-time (up to 29 hrs/wk), non-exempt
Through artistic excellence coupled with innovative, relevant programming; initiatives to connect with and grow new audiences; engagement with communities to ignite creativity across Chicago; and a modernized Opera House that is the setting for truly great experiences, Lyric is leading the advancement of opera. This collaborative vision will deliver ever more exciting, thought-provoking and inclusive audience and community experiences – while increasing the gravitational pull of our art form, our company, and our city.
Our Call Center Representatives provide stellar customer service as they engage with Lyric patrons.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Answer inbound patron calls in a timely manner with the intent to sell.
· Demonstrate the savvy sales skills to cross-sell and up-sell to best suit the patrons’ interests and receptivity.
· Demonstrate the ability to solicit donations from patrons of the Lyric Opera.
· Serve as back-up to Lyric’s primary Office Coordinator as needed/scheduled.
· Handle personal information with extreme confidentiality.
· Process reservations for Lyric Opera Bus, On-Site Restaurants, Opera Insider Classes, and other specialty events.
· Assist with office projects.
· Other duties as assigned. As the business evolves, so may this role. Specific duties may change as Lyric’s leadership identifies the need at any time.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
· Demonstrated customer service experience.
· Demonstrated ability to maximize sales and patron retention.
· Ticketing and/or phone experience a plus.
· Outstanding telephone communication skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Demonstrated detail orientation and aptitude to stay organized.
· Ability to work and think independently, a motivated self-starter who also works well in a larger team.
· Knowledge of Tessitura a plus.
· Must have basic knowledge of opera.
· Must be able to work evenings and weekends.
· Sitting for extended periods of time.
· Flexible hours. Commission is seasonal.
· Ability to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other office equipment.
· Ticketing business hours: 9am-7:30pm Weekdays, 10am-7:30pm Saturdays, 10am-2pm Sundays
The Lyric Opera of Chicago is committed to enhancing our diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Lyric does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, parental status, veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.
To apply, please click on the following link: https://lyricopera.applytojob.com/apply/Lf5wE9e5Il/Audience-Services-Inbound-Call-Center-Representative?source=League+of+Chicago+Theatres.