Reports to: Phone Sales Supervisor
Status: Part-time (up to 29 hrs/wk), Non-Exempt
Compensation: Hourly Rate Plus Seasonal Commission
Lyric Opera of Chicago exists to provide a broad, deep and relevant cultural service to the Chicago region and the nation, and to advance the development of the art form of opera.
Our Call Center Representatives provide stellar customer service as they engage with Lyric patrons.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Answering inbound patron calls, in a timely manner with the intent to sell
• Demonstrate the savvy sales skills to cross-sell and up-sell to best suit the patrons’ interests and receptivity.
• Demonstrate the ability to solicit donations from patrons of the Lyric Opera
• Serve as back-up to Lyric’s primary Receptionist as need/scheduled
• Handle personal information with extreme confidentiality
• Process reservations for Lyric Opera Bus, On-Site Restaurants, Opera Insider Classes, and other specialty events
• Assist with office projects
Management retains the right to change or add duties of the position at any time.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Demonstrated customer service experience
• Demonstrated ability to maximize sales and patron retention
• Ticketing and/or phone experience a plus
• Outstanding telephone communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated detail orientation and aptitude to stay organized
• Ability to work and think independently, a motivated self-started who also works well in a larger team
• Knowledge of Tessitura a plus
• Must have basic knowledge of opera
• Must be able to work evenings and weekends
• Sitting for extended periods of time
• Flexible hours, commission is seasonal
• Ability to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other office equipment
• Ticketing business hours: 9am-7:30pm Weekdays, 10am-7:30pm Saturdays, 10am-2pm Sundays
The Lyric Opera of Chicago is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Lyric does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, parental status, veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply
Please forward a resume and cover letter denoting the position of interest to the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to: Lyric Opera of Chicago, Attention: Human Resources, 20 N. Wacker Drive, Suite 860, Chicago, IL 60606. Please let the subject line indicate the position(s) for which you are applying within the Audience Services Department.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com