Lyric Opera of Chicago
REPORTS TO: Patron Services Manager
STATUS: Part-time, non-exempt, seasonal
Through artistic excellence coupled with innovative, relevant programming; initiatives to connect with and grow new audiences; engagement with communities to ignite creativity across Chicago; and a modernized Opera House that is the setting for truly great experiences, Lyric is leading the advancement of opera. This collaborative vision will deliver ever more exciting, thought-provoking and inclusive audience and community experiences – while increasing the gravitational pull of our art form, our company, and our city.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Sustain a safe, secure, and friendly environment for all Opera House patrons.
· Protect the physical assets of the Opera House, ensuring the appropriate areas locked or open as needed.
· Maintain appropriate appearance and cleanliness of the sidewalk area in front of the Opera House, including as cans.
· Provide a deterrent to possible disruptive and/or unlawful behavior, responding to incidents as required.
· Assist patrons in emergency situations, including patron accidents, house evacuations, or related incidents that may occur, including monitoring of assigned house exits and maintaining an awareness of crowd management issues, in order to alert supervisory or security personnel of problems.
· As the business evolves, so may this role. These duties may change as Lyric’s leadership identifies the need at any time.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
· Effective customer service orientation, professional appearance, and “team player” abilities are essential.
· Retired police officers are encouraged to apply.
· Required to work all matinee, evening, and weekend performances of the season.
· Physical requirements include the ability to climb stairs, stand for long periods of time, light lifting, and, as necessary, provide assistance to patrons in seating and emergency situations.
TO APPLY: https://lyricopera.applytojob.com/apply/2O1SAmAwtW/Patron-Services-Coordinator?source=League+of+Chicago+Theatres
The Lyric Opera of Chicago is committed to enhancing our diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Lyric does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, parental status, veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.
To apply for this job please visit lyricopera.applytojob.com.