REPORTS TO: Phone Sales Supervisor
STATUS: Part-time (up to 29 hrs/wk), non-exempt
Through artistic excellence coupled with innovative, relevant programming; initiatives to connect with and grow new audiences; engagement with communities to ignite creativity across Chicago; and a modernized Opera House that is the setting for truly great experiences, Lyric is leading the advancement of opera. This collaborative vision will deliver ever more exciting, thought-provoking and inclusive audience and community experiences – while increasing the gravitational pull of our art form, our company, and our city.
Our Call Center Representatives provide stellar customer service as they engage Lyric donors, subscribers, and audience members I outbound tele-fundraising and telemarketing interactions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Initiate outbound calls to solicit patrons for philanthropic support.
· Connect emotionally with patrons and serve as an enthusiastic ambassador of the organization.
· Build a positive rapport across a variety of personality types.
· Make a clear, persuasive case for financial support during every call.
· Keep patrons informed on the mission, goals, and objectives of Lyric.
· Create and maintain strong relationships with patrons by responding to questions and taking feedback on their experiences.
· Document all patron transactions, information updates, and communications in CRM systems.
· Handle personal information with extreme confidentiality.
· Demonstrate the savvy sales skills to cross-sell and up-sell to best suit the patrons’ interests and receptivity.
· Cross-train with other staff on Lyric ticketing sales tactics and initiatives.
· Management retains the right to change or add duties of the position at any time.
· Other duties as assigned. As the business evolves, so may this role. Specific duties may change as Lyric’s leadership identifies the need at any time.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
· Demonstrated customer service experience.
· Ability to motivate others over the phone.
· Demonstrated ability to maximize customer/patron retention and sales.
· Ticketing and/or phone sales experience a plus.
· Knowledge of Tessitura and Encore a plus.
· Outstanding telephone communication skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Demonstrated detail orientation and aptitude to stay organized.
· Ability to work and think independently, a motivated self-starter who also works well in a larger team.
· Must have basic knowledge of opera.
· Must be able to work evenings and weekends.
· Sitting for extended periods of time.
· Flexible hours. Hourly rate plus commission.
· Ability to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other office equipment.
· Core business hours: Weekdays 10am-5pm, 4pm-8pm; Saturdays 10am-5pm, Sundays 10am-2pm; most shifts will be scheduled with a morning/evening split.
The Lyric Opera of Chicago is committed to enhancing our diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Lyric does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, parental status, veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.
To apply, please click on the following link: https://lyricopera.applytojob.com/apply/BCu51zol3A/Telefund-Call-Center-Representative?source=League+of+Chicago+Theatres.