Reports To: Phone Sales Supervisor
Status: Part-time (up to 29 hrs/wk), Non-Exempt
Compensation: Hourly Rate Plus Commission
Lyric Opera of Chicago exists to provide a broad, deep and relevant cultural service to the Chicago region and the nation, and to advance the development of the art form of opera.
Our Call Center Representatives provide stellar customer service as they engage Lyric donors, subscribers, and audience members in outbound telefundraising and telemarketing interactions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Initiate outbound calls to solicit patrons for philanthropic support
- Connect emotionally with patrons and serve as an enthusiastic ambassador of the organization
- Build a positive rapport across a variety of personality types
- Make a clear, persuasive case for financial support during every call
- Keep patrons informed on the mission, goals, and objectives of Lyric
- Create and maintain strong relationships with patrons by responding to questions and taking feedback on their experiences
- Document all patron transactions, information updates, and communications in CRM systems
- Handle personal information with extreme confidentiality
- Demonstrate the savvy sales skills to cross-sell and up-sell to best suit the patrons’ interests and receptivity
- Cross-train with other staff on Lyric ticketing sales tactics and initiatives
- Management retains the right to change or add duties of the position at any time
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrated customer service experience
- Ability to motivate others over the phone
- Demonstrated ability to maximize customer/patron retention and sales
- Ticketing and/or phone sales experience a plus
- Knowledge of Tessitura and Encore a plus
- Outstanding telephone communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated detail orientation and aptitude to stay organized
- Ability to work and think independently, a motivated self-starter who also works well in a larger team.
- Must have basic knowledge of opera
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Flexible hours. Hourly rate plus commission
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other office equipment.
- Core business hours: Weekdays 10am – 5pm, 4pm-8pm, Saturdays 10am-5pm, Sundays 10am-2pm
- Most shifts will be scheduled with a morning/evening split
Lyric Opera of Chicago is committed to enhancing our diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Lyric does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, parental status, veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.
Please forward a resume and cover letter denoting the position of interest to the Human Resources Department at email@example.com, or mail to: Lyric Opera of Chicago, Attention: Human Resources, 20 N. Wacker Drive, Suite 860, Chicago, IL 60606. Please let the subject line indicate the position(s) for which you are applying within the Audience Services Department.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org