FSLA STATUS: Exempt
Under the supervision of the Director of Development for Individual Giving and Affiliated Donor Programs, manage all activities associated with annual support from the Governing Members of the Chicago Symphony Orchestra Association. Oversee and execute efforts to cultivate, solicit, and steward current and new members. Provide primary staff leadership for GM volunteer committee members through recruitment, orientation, training, and administrative assistance.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Implement and coordinate the details of the Governing Member’s Annual Fund Campaign, including achieving revenue goals.
2. Serve as primary account manager for top-level Governing Members, actively providing personalized cultivation and stewardship
3. Identify GMs & Associate GMs with increased, major gift, or estate capacity. Develop and execute personalized cultivation and stewardship plans. Collaborate with Major Gifts Officers and other members of the Development Staff as appropriate
4. Plan and direct the implementation of the GM nominations process
5. Manage and execute all GM committee meetings (Executive, Nominations & Membership, Annual Fund, and Member Engagement)
6. Oversee the maintenance and distribution of the reporting system among chairmen, committee members, and staff throughout the fiscal year
7. Build relationships with prospective members through cultivation and stewardship communications, personal visits, and events
8. Develop the Associate GM program in coordination with the Overture Council Executive Committee and the Donor Engagement Manager
9. Guide a progressive member recognition and benefits program for GMs and AGMs
10. Oversee accurate, up-to-date tracking of all GMs and prospects and appropriate documentation of all gifts
11. Facilitate interdepartmental communication and collaboration to ensure program success
12. Work collaboratively with Donor Engagement team on GM stewardship, recruitment, and fundraising events
13. Oversee expense budget for all areas of responsibility
14. Serve as liaison to internal caterer/The Theodore Thomas Club and oversee Club member benefits
15. Regularly staff CSO concerts and donor events to steward GMs and prospects
16. Other duties as assigned
1. Reports to Director of Development for Individual Giving and Affiliated Donor Groups
2. Interact regularly with Senior Assistant, Individual Giving Programs and Planned Giving; Manager, National and International Friends of the CSOA, and Governing Members; Donor Engagement Manager (GM stewardship and Associate GMs); Development Staff; in-house catering staff
3. Work with Governing Members, Associate Governing Members, Trustees, donors, volunteers, staff, consultants, musicians, and vendors
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
1. Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree preferred.
2. A minimum of three to five years increasingly responsible development experience, specifically identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding individual donors and volunteer management. Some development experience may be offset by other management experience, particularly volunteer management.
3. Experience with management of annual fund campaigns and/or membership campaigns a plus.
4. Proven track record with personal individual solicitations.
5. Ability to plan and manage at both strategic and operational levels.
6. Computer literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel required; working knowledge of Tessitura preferred.
7. Strong interpersonal and writing skills.
Pleasant office environment.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com