Website Marriott Theatre
Marriott Theatre is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusivity for its staff, creative teams, casts, musicians, crew members and audiences, and is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and discrimination-free environment. We welcome the uniqueness that any candidate can bring to our organization in terms of education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs. We welcome candidates that help us build and maintain an anti-racist and anti-oppression environment, and who help prioritize joy in the production process. Applicants of diverse, underrepresented backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Marriott Theatre seeks deck crew member for upcoming production of Kiss Me, Kate. Tech November 13-16. Previews begin November 17. 8 shows per week, Wednesdays through Sundays.
Exact schedule will be provided to interested parties.
- Serve as an integral part of running crew in maintaining all scenic and prop items as well as running a deck crew track.
- Perform repairs/maintenance on scenic and prop elements (within reason) as deemed necessary by the Stage Manager or Production Management
- Maintain clean and organized props
- Maintain clean and organized Backstage storage areas
- Maintain proper documentation of deck crew track
- Preset props and scenic elements as needed before each show
- Attend and track scene changes during full designer runs during rehearsal process
- Problem solve backstage traffic and tracking of necessary props and scenery
- Maintain proper inventory of necessary items for day-to-day running of each production
- Assist Stage Management with put-ins and understudy rehearsals as necessary
- Be a liaison as necessary with Front of House Staff
- Prefer at least 2 years backstage experience – either professional or academic
- Knowledge of basic repairs that may arise for props and scenery
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Dependable transportation
- Bend and lift up to 40lbs
- Arrive to all calls in a punctual manner
- Complete tasks and duties by each deadline
- If a deadline cannot be met, communicate to Production Manager, and other appropriate personnel as early as possible.
- Maintain a positive working environment while communicating and working alongside other Backstage Staff, Managers, and Hotel Staff
- Uphold organizational values and play a leadership role in creating and maintaining a safe and healthy work environment. This includes participating in organizational anti-racism work and committing to implement these practices into daily business life.
- Perform assigned and inherent tasks and duties in a positive manner
Position reports to Production Manager and Stage Manager
To apply, please email your resume to Meg.Love@MarriottTheatre.com.
To apply for this job email your details to Meg.Love@MarriottTheatre.com