The hit Off-Broadway comedy show, Drunk Shakespeare, is expanding to the great city of Chicago this May! We are looking for a professional, experienced Head Bartender to join our team as we set up operations in Chicago. We are building a secret speakeasy right in the heart of The Loop at 182 N Wabash Ave. We strive to provide patrons with a unique and memorable experience where guests are immersed in the world of the show as soon as they enter the building. Therefore, service quality is our highest priority.
This position will be part-time to start with performances on Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings. Potential to become a full-time position based on demand. There will be some additional hours each week for managing inventory.
Qualified Candidates must possess:
- At least 1-2 years bartending experience in a medium/high-volume atmosphere.
- Experience making designer cocktails.
- BASSET and Food Service Manager certification (or willingness to do the course immediately).
- STRONG LEADERSHIP ABILITY, with an outgoing, confident, and friendly personality
- Strong organization skills. This role will create and maintain systems for bar inventory and operations.
- A strong work ethic, with a focus on professionalism and reliability
- The ability to work independently while maintaining a collaborative attitude
- Experience bartending in an entertainment-focused venue a plus, though not required
In addition to bartending, qualified candidates will be responsible for:
- Opening and closing the venue, up to 6 nights/week (4 to 8 shows per week, based on demand).
- Inventory and managing suppliers
- Health Department inspections and Food Safety
- Supervising barback and cocktail servers
- Cash handling, with reporting to Company Manager and Producer
Compensation will start at $15/hr + Tips.
Please submit a SHORT cover letter/Email along with resume to email@example.com for consideration.
Visit Drunkshakespeare.com for more info about the show.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org