This part-time position assists the Marketing Coordinator and House Manager for Mercury Theater Chicago. A member of the Mercury Theater Chicago front of house team, the position will report to the Marketing Coordinator. Employee assists with the management of an efficient front of house operation. Internal and external contacts are many and varied.
Primary responsibilities include:
· Processes ticket sales in person and over the phone.
· Assists Marketing Coordinator with coordination of all box office activities including cash handling, accounts management, fiscal reporting and computer systems management.
· Serves as substitute house manager, supervising volunteer ushers, coordinating patron admittance and seating.
· Processes confidential information.
· Makes decisions which affect the effectiveness of the department.
· Operates all office equipment.
· Employee must frequently exercise independent judgment and initiative.
· Any special projects and additional duties as assigned by supervisor or Mercury Theater Chicago leadership.
· Represents the company’s best interests in their individual actions.
· At least 1 year of customer service or sales experience, preferably in phone sales
· Moderate computer skills are essential; will frequently work with Microsoft Office Suite and ticketing software
· Must have excellent oral communication skills
· Must communicate effectively in written form
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships as required by job responsibility
· Must have ability to persuade and influence people
· Must be able to listen effectively, assesses the situation, determine relevant issues, identify solutions and gain consensus.
Send cover letter and resume to Eugene Dizon, Business Manager, email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org