Website Metropolis Performing Arts Centre
Live theatre, entertainment, and arts education
Metropolis Performing Arts Centre is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization located in the heart of downtown Arlington Heights. It houses a 329-seat professional theater, as well as a full school of performing arts that includes drama, dance, and music lessons. We recognize that cultural fit is important when searching for new opportunities. Our culture supports a collaborative and innovative approach to teamwork. We are constantly striving to better ourselves so that we can provide the best performing arts experience for our patrons, students and staff. We are focused on bringing diversity, equity and inclusion into every aspect of our organization. If you would enjoy this fast-paced, collaborative environment, then please apply.
The Accounting Manager is a senior staff position that consistently interprets, implements, and supports organization goals. They are responsible for consistent implementation of controls and procedures in relation to finance. This individual also leads and collaborates with the department directors on all financial reporting, budgets, analysis, and forecasting for all departments.
Major Areas of Responsibilities
- Responsible for traditional month-end activities including reconciliations with an emphasis on moving toward real-time reporting. Prepare monthly financial statements and ensure all month- end closing procedures.
- Input/import transactions from ticket sales, donations, tuition, purchases and payroll software into QuickBooks.
- Follow up and resolve issues related to these functions.
- Prepares sales tax returns, works on annual audit with outside firm, and special projects and requests as needed such as internal reporting.
- Provide monthly financial statements to the board and senior staff, and present at finance committee meetings.
- Review variances with each department director and executive director on a regular basis.
- Process bi-weekly payroll and invoice payment for the organization -Interact with village staff on financial statement questions, capital plans and purchases, and annual budget
Skills & Experience
- 3 – 5 years of general accounting experience.
- Knowledge of not-for-profit accounting, reporting, and compliance is a plus
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
- Strong knowledge of internal control procedures
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Demonstrated commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accessibility (IDEA)
- Strong process improvement abilities
- Proficient in QuickBooks online and excel
- Familiarity with ADP payroll software a bonus
Metropolis Performing Arts Centre is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com