Position Status: Part-time permanent, 20-25 hours/week
Reports to: Production Manager of Presented Work
Metropolis Performing Arts Centre is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization located in the heart of downtown Arlington Heights. It houses a 329-seat theater space as well as a full school of performing arts that includes drama, dance, and music lessons. We are currently looking for an Assistant Production Manager for Presented Work to assist the Production Manager of Presented Work with a variety of responsibilities.
– Assist Production Manager of Presented Work in researching, programming, and budgeting artists per season
– Assist Production Manager of Presented Work in contracting and executing contracts
– Advance booked performances
– Assist Production Manager of Presented Work with hospitality and show needs
– Act as day-of contact and liaison for specified presented work performances, which includes advancing and executing contractual obligations per artist
– Other related admin tasks to prepare for and close out shows
– Create and submit payroll files for Presented dept. overhire
– Other tasks as needed to help Presented Manager fulfill their duties
– Bachelor’s degree a plus
Experience & Skills Required:
– Strong communication and organizational skills
– Professional demeanor, especially when working with artists and agents
– Works well both independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
– Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
– Three to five years of experience working in a technical or production capacity in professional theatre environment
– Event production experience a plus
– Business and administrative experience a plus
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter describing your interest and qualifications to email@example.com. Please include “APM-Presented” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Metropolis Performing Arts Centre provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org