Milwaukee Repertory Theater is seeking a Digital Marketing & Content Manager to join our marketing department! This position serves as a key member of the marketing team, managing content across The Rep’s digital channels—including website, social media, digital signage, and email communications—and performing a wide array of digital marketing and communications functions. Additionally, this position is also responsible for digital advertising campaigns and regularly produces analytical reports.
Major Duties and Responsibilities Include:
Management of Digital Platforms
– Contribute to, manage and execute social media strategy across multiple platforms, including but not limited to, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube, to increase sales conversions and create awareness of Milwaukee Rep productions and initiatives
- Create and manage all aspects of social media to support marketing efforts and theater initiatives; coordinate across departments to secure and create assets for posting content that is engaging and accurately represents The Rep’s brand and productions. This includes minor design work, photography and video elements.
- Monitor all social media platforms during the workday, interacting with patrons conversationally and responding to comments and messages that require action in a timely manner; monitor social media on evenings and weekends; coordinate alternate marketing staff coverage if needed.
- Understand, follow and stay current on social media best practices and trends; make recommendations for changes in practices
-Create, deploy and manage email campaigns to support ticket sales and awareness initiatives
- Create and deploy emails on behalf of the organization via Wordfly utilizing segmented lists as directed by Marketing and other departments
- Understand, follow and stay current on email best practices; making recommendations for changes
- Analyze, recap and report on email marketing results on a monthly basis to identify trends, effectiveness and areas for improvement.
– Help support the upkeep of content on The Rep’s website to ensure accurate information and a positive patron experience
- Once a week review key pages of the site to make sure information is updated and if not provide a detailed report of what needs to be updated
- Generate and analyze monthly reports of website activity and identify trends and analytics via The Rep’s Google Analytics account.
Digital Advertising Campaigns
– Assist with digital advertising campaigns, research and vendor communication
– Help develop Capacity Interactive campaign plans, write copy for Capacity promoted social media posts; serve as one of the liaisons with the Capacity team.
– Analysis of ad campaigns, ROI of ad spends based on reports provided by vendors
– Assist with maintaining the Advertising Budget, including oversee social media spending and budget
Publications and Content
– Draft content copy for most Marketing communication pieces including postcards, website, emails, blogs, marketing sales letters and social media posts.
– Serve as staff lead for content collection for Rep production playbills and oversee process from draft to print working with third party vendor.
Manage The Rep’s Social Media Club (SMC)
– Create and implement a plan for retention of current members and attracting new members
– Create a season long program to provide behind-the-scenes access and more personalized opportunities for the club to post about on social.
– Coordinate attendance at productions including taking RSVPs and staffing the check in tables at opening nights.
– Put systems in place to evaluate the value/effectiveness of the group
– Serve as staff lead to make sure that all Rep digital signage is up to date
– Represent Milwaukee Rep at on- and off-site events, conferences and festivals (may include evenings and weekends)
– Support the Director of Marketing in execution of marketing plans and collaborate on marketing strategies to increase tickets sales
– Contribute to Marketing Department’s event planning, coordination and execution
– Provide support to Director of Media Relations for PR events and appearances
– Support and collaborate with other marketing team members on a project-by-project basis
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, advertising, or sales with 2-3 years of experience
- Familiarity with and passion for the performing arts
- Demonstrated experience in managing organic and paid social media channels
- Excellent writing and editing skills, and an ability to conceive and shape compelling content
- Strong grasp of digital best practices
- Self-motivated, adaptable, and eager to learn new skills
- Highly organized, able to create streamlined workflow structures and processes
- Able to prioritize and multitask without compromising quality to meet strict deadlines
- Creative thinker and problem-solver
- Collaborative team player, equally comfortable working individually and in groups
- Excellent communicator, able to give clear explanation and direction as needed
- Detail oriented and astute
- Good sense of judgement and discretion in the face of challenging or sensitive situations
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, and Google Suite platforms
- Demonstrated experience in basic understanding of HTML code
- In-depth knowledge of Facebook, Facebook Ads Manager, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, SnapChat, and YouTube marketing
- Proficiency with social media management tools such as Hootsuite
- Strong understanding of Google Analytics and Adwords
- Proficiency with email marketing platform such as WordFly
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, etc.)
- Must be able to work some evenings and weekends
- Ability to maintain a valid drivers license is required for the position and access to a personal car is preferred
- In compliance with federal law, the person hired in this position will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire
- Ability to pass a background check in accordance with state and/or Federal laws
About Milwaukee Repertory Theater: The Rep ignites positive change in the cultural, social, and economic vitality of its community by creating world class theater experiences that entertain, provoke, and inspire meaningful dialogue among an audience representative of Milwaukee’s rich diversity. Producing over 700 performances in four distinct venues every season requires a team of dedicated, passionate and skilled people. Whether it be a 30+ year veteran employee or one who’s never experienced a Milwaukee winter before, everyone shares a common sense of purpose and determination that enables us to bring world-class theater to the stage. Season after season, our accomplished team never ceases to amaze! To read more about Milwaukee Repertory Theater, please visit: www.MilwaukeeRep.com
Milwaukee Repertory Theater is committed to creating a culturally diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Cara McMullin, Director of Marketing at: email@example.com Deadline to apply is Fri. April 26. Applications that do not include salary requirements will not be considered. Please include "Job Application for:" and the position that you are applying to in the subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org