Website http://www.twitter.com/milwrep Milwaukee Repertory Theater
Entertain. Provoke. Inspire. Repeat.
The Assistant Artistic Producer is an entry level position intended for someone who is looking to grow in this industry, with an intended timeline of 1-2 years for this role. They are responsible for managing and overseeing Artistic Department administration functions, including providing general support to the Emerging Professional Residency Program, casting, literary needs, and New Play Development. Day-to-day management of Artistic Department communication and scheduling is a cornerstone of this role. In addition, the Assistant Artistic Producer will co-line produce several productions in the year.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work to uphold the mission and core values of the theater, with a raised consciousness towards equity, diversity, and inclusion efforts
- Provide daily administrative support and assistance for the Artistic department, including schedule coordination, organizing databases and files, tracking department budgets, and arranging travel for the department (sans Artistic Director)
- Provide support for Milwaukee Rep’s Emerging Professional Residents (EPR) program
- Coordinate and prepare agendas for Artistic Department meetings, and record and distribute minutes as needed.
- Prepare and submit Artistic department materials as required for Board Meetings.
- Assist in development and execution of our annual Milwaukee General Auditions
- Assist with casting projects, including scheduling casting appointments, pulling sides, and providing materials and information to agents/artists
- Assist in producing the annual Gala.
- Co-line produce several productions within the Milwaukee Rep’s season.
- Work in tandem with the Company Manager to coordinate and oversee Artistic department guest visits and itineraries.
- Read and report on new and extant material in consideration for season planning.
- Lead talkbacks as needed after performances.
- Maintain and organize extensive and comprehensive artistic database, including playwrights, producers, directors, choreographers, designers, composers, music directors, actors, Emerging Professional Residency alumni, and other artistic personnel. Maintain current contact information for agents, playwrights, and producers in appropriate databases.
- Support Milwaukee Repertory Theater productions by attending rehearsal hall run-throughs, previews, and opening night performances.
- Build and cultivate relationships with fellow peers and theater artists in the Milwaukee community. This includes attending shows, gatherings, and patron engagement events as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Willing to commit to the mission, vision, and values of the theater
- General knowledge of the theater industry and serious intent to pursue a career in the arts
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, Outlook, and Word
- Ability to effectively communicate and work respectfully within a diverse group of colleagues and artists, all while exhibiting grace and good humor under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines independently with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Experience planning and executing virtual events a plus
- IT experience/general computer knowledge and experience with Apple products a plus
- Any combination of experience, education, and training that demonstrates the ability to successfully perform the job duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Ability to pass a background check in compliance with local and/or federal employment laws
Milwaukee Rep has a mandated vaccine policy and requires all employees to submit proof of vaccination for COVID-19 OR documentation for a medical or religious exemption before the first day of work
Milwaukee Rep Values Employees Who:
- Communicate well with a diverse group of colleagues
- Demonstrate an aptitude and eagerness to learn new skills and processes when necessary
- Solve problems and engage in creative thinking about challenges individually and in a group environment
- Are able to accept and incorporate feedback
- Have excellent interpersonal, teamwork, and diplomacy skills and ability to be self-directed and take initiative
- Demonstrates an understanding of historical and institutional racism in the American theatre and/or a willingness to commit to learning and to the mission, vision, and values of the theater in areas of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion efforts both in the workplace and in our community
Health & Dental Insurance – Employee contribution to premium
Health Savings Account & Health Reimbursement Account
Flexible Spending Account
403(b) Retirement Plan
Paid Time Off Package including Vacation, Personal, Sick Leave, Holidays, Parental Leave, Medical Leave
Required Materials: Online Application, Resume, & Cover Letter detailing why you are the best candidate for the position. Also please include three professional references.
Deadline: March 24th, 2023. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis thereafter until the position is filled.
All applications must be submitted through the online portal. Any candidate who requires accommodations to submit an online application should contact email@example.com
All Applicants Must Apply Online Through The Link Listed In Job Description
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.