Milwaukee Repertory Theater, a LORT theater located in the heart of Wisconsin’s largest metropolitan area, is currently seeking applicants for the position of Assistant Ticket Office Manager. Our mission is to ignite positive changes in the cultural, social, and economic vitality of our community by creating world-class theater experiences that entertain, provoke, and inspire meaningful dialogue among an audience representative of Milwaukee’s rich diversity. It is important that our hiring practices reflect this commitment to diversity and we strongly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups.
Position Summary: Milwaukee Rep has an immediate opening for a self-motivated, detail-oriented ticketing professional. The Assistant Ticket Office Manager provides quality patron services for the more than 700 performances presented across four venues. The Assistant Ticket Office Manager is responsible for managing the daily operations of the Ticket Office and supporting the ticketing and customer service policies and procedures of Milwaukee Rep. This is a full-time, exempt position, which will include working nights and weekends.
Other major duties and responsibilities include:
- Managing Staff – Supervise Ticket Office Representatives, provide ongoing training and feedback to staff on customer service, up-sell/cross-sell techniques and general product information, and oversee Ticket Office personnel budget including payroll and scheduling.
- Ticket Office Operations – Open and Close Ticket Office Wednesday-Sunday (when in season; Monday-Friday during off-season), audit money, balance daily income and ticket sales, facilitate efficiency of operations by upholding policies, procedures, and systems of operation, act as motivator and monitor of upselling and outbound calling, monitor phone queues and operations daily to ensure that staff are utilizing time effectively and to achieve desired service levels, maintain the security during operational hours and secure the area at the end of the day, ensure cleanliness and organized appearance of all public, performance, and office spaces, and update the phone messages and public signage as needed.
- Tessitura and Accounting – Oversee deposits when on duty and maintain strict oversight of cash handling and ensure that all ticket related settlement obligations are met
- Reports – Monitor weekly and monthly sales goals of Ticket Office and individual Ticket Reps, track donation/upsell/upgrade/dinner and parking sales and report on weekly basis
- Sales/Customer Services – In the absence of the Ticket Office Manager, act as primary contact for customer issues, complaints, and inquiries, monitor dynamic pricing and act as backup to Ticket Office Manager, monitor promotion codes and website availability. With Ticket Office Manager, monitor held tickets to maximize available inventory for all shows, fulfill ticketing orders for third party ticket brokers, sell individual tickets, subscription packages, and book subscriber tickets as needed, serve as Group Sales Lead on weekends, and assist with Group Sales administration.
- Administration and Other – Ensure materials are well stocked outside the Ticket Office on weekends and on a regular basis, attend staff meetings, marketing meetings and other meetings as required.
Compensation and Benefits: This is an exempt position with a salary range in the mid-30k’s. Milwaukee Repertory Theater employees receive benefits including 100% employer paid health and dental insurance for individuals, a paid time off package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and employer contributions to a health savings account.
- Minimum of two (2) years of professional theatrical Ticket Office experience, ideally within a not-for-profit theater company, cultural organization, or similar entity, with demonstrated success in sales and team management.
- Knowledge of Tessitura preferred
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills in order to manage effectively and diplomatically with a diverse audience of staff and patrons
- Ability to be reliable and punctual with a positive outlook
- Ability to demonstrate an honest and trustworthy nature and the instinct to go the extra mile
- Skilled in using computers and databases
- Demonstrated confidence and competence in math and problem solving skills
- Meticulous organizational skills and excellent time management skills
- Ability to work a non-regular work schedule consisting of evening and weekend hours, including attendance at Opening Nights and other value added events as needed
About Milwaukee Repertory Theater: Milwaukee Rep is the largest performing arts organization in Wisconsin welcoming 300,000 people at 700 performances of 15 productions a season at the Patty & Jay Baker Theater Complex featuring three unique performance venues – the Quadracci Powerhouse, Stiemke Studio and Stackner Cabaret. For over six decades, Milwaukee Rep has been a centerpiece of Milwaukee’s vibrant arts and cultural scene with productions ranging from Broadway musicals to Shakespeare to American Classics and New Works that are entertaining, inclusive and impactful. Under the leadership of Artistic Director Mark Clements and Executive Director Chad Bauman, Milwaukee Rep ignites positive change in the cultural, social and economic vitality of our community by creating world-class theater experiences that entertain, provoke, and inspire meaningful dialogue among an audience representative of Milwaukee’s rich diversity. Every season requires a team of dedicated, passionate and skilled people. Whether it be a 30+ year veteran employee or one who’s never experienced a Milwaukee winter before, everyone shares a common sense of purpose and determination that enables us to bring world-class theater to the stage. Season after season, our accomplished team never ceases to amaze!
To read more about Milwaukee Repertory Theater, please visit: www.MilwaukeeRep.com
To read more about Milwaukee Repertory Theater’s commitment to Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion, including our ED&I Vision of Success, please Click Here
Milwaukee Repertory Theater is committed to creating a culturally diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
To Apply: Please submit online application, resume and cover letter detailing why you are the best candidate for the position, and Resume, Attn to: Casey Helm, Ticket Office Manager.
Deadline to apply is Monday, May 17, 2021. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis thereafter until the position is filled. In order to maintain an equitable process, everyone must apply online. Any candidate who requires different accommodations to submit an online application should contact email@example.com
WEBLINK TO APPLY: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/545056/Milwaukee-Repertory-Theater-Inc/Assistant-Ticket-Office-Manager