Website http://www.twitter.com/milwrep Milwaukee Repertory Theater
Entertain. Provoke. Inspire. Repeat.
The Audience Services Manager works to assure an exceptional guest experience, to plan and deliver front-of-house support in four performance venues and to provide staffing for special events and rentals held in our Theater Complex. This position ensures that public spaces and performance venues are ready for guests and creates a fun, welcoming and lively environment for a diverse group of volunteers, staff and guests. This role is highly visible and interacts with sponsors, donors and patrons as well as regular interaction with Rep employees throughout the organization. The Audience Services Manager is expected to provide the highest level of customer service to all guests, vendors and volunteers.
Major duties and responsibilities include:
- Serve as staff lead for all front-of-house activities, providing a positive customer experience and ensuring a safe and pleasant patron environment
- Day to day supervision of all front-of-house operations within a multi-venue environment
- Act as point person for Milwaukee Rep staff at performances and events, taking leadership responsibility for front-of-house functions and supervision
- Oversee safety and emergency preparedness program for audiences and respond to emergency situations involving audiences/guests in the facility as needed
- Work in collaboration with all departments as needed for the overall success of special events/rentals
- Hire, train, manage and schedule front-of-house staff
- Manage 600+ Volunteer Ushers including scheduling and training as well as overseeing set up and managing volunteer online system
- Anticipate and meet the requirements of special needs patrons ensuring ADA standards are met
- Maintain standards for venue readiness ensuring front-of-house is clean and ready at all times
- Oversee the management of Milwaukee Rep’s Gift Shop including set up/appearance, inventory ordering and management and accounting audits
- Oversee and implement Milwaukee Rep’s ACCESS Program
- Respond to guest/patron requests as needed
- During off-season time provide support at Milwaukee Rep Summer Events including Pop Up performances and Milwaukee Rep awareness tables.
- Other duties as requested
Preference will be given to candidates with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience, ideally within a not-for-profit theater company, cultural organization, or similar entity, with demonstrated success in performing similar duties as required of this position.
- Leadership experience in a non-profit arts setting preferred
- Experience in performance venue/entertainment front-of-house supervision
- Graduate of IAVM’s Venue Management School, Academy for Venue Safety and Security, and/or Guest Services Professional program(s) is a plus
- Be able to lift up to 25 pounds unassisted, on occasion
- Ability to work independently and to lead, train and motivate others
- Demonstrated ability to work with the public and use conflict resolution skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Window applications required
- Position requires the ability to accommodate a flexible schedule (primarily evenings), including weekends as well as able to perform in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Basic medical emergency skills (e.g., C.P.R. certification) or willingness to obtain
- Adheres to and promotes the organization’s values, including a dedication to the company’s Equity, Diversity & Inclusion Vision of Success
- This position requires a valid driver’s license and access to a personal vehicle
Milwaukee Rep has a mandated vaccine policy and requires all employees to submit proof of vaccination for COVID-19 OR documentation for a medical or religious exemption before the first day of work
Milwaukee Rep Values Employees Who:
- Communicate well with a diverse group of colleagues
- Demonstrate an aptitude and eagerness to learn new skills and processes when necessary
- Solve problems and engage in creative thinking about challenges individually and in a group environment
- Are able to accept and incorporate feedback
- Have excellent interpersonal, teamwork, and diplomacy skills and ability to be self-directed and take initiative
- Demonstrates an understanding of historical and institutional racism in the American theatre and/or a willingness to commit to learning and to the mission, vision, and values of the theater in areas of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion efforts both in the workplace and in our community
- Health & Dental Insurance – Employee contribution to premium
- Health Savings Account & Health Reimbursement Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
Paid Time Off Package including Vacation, Personal, Sick Leave, Holidays, Parental Leave, Medical Leave
Required Materials: Online Application, Resume, & Cover Letter detailing why you are the best candidate for the position. Also please include three professional references.
Deadline: March 6th, 2023.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis thereafter until the position is filled.
All applications must be submitted through the online portal. Any candidate who requires accommodations to submit an online application should contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please follow the URL provided to apply for this position
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.