Milwaukee Repertory Theater is currently seeking a Content Manager to join our Marketing team. The Content Manager serves as a key member of the marketing team, managing content across Milwaukee Rep’s digital and print channels—including website, direct mail and email communications as well as publications such as show programs, copy writing and sales letters.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Publications – Draft content copy for most Marketing communication pieces including postcards, website, emails, blogs, marketing sales letters and social media posts as needed. Serve as staff lead for content collection for Rep production playbills and oversee process from draft to print working with third party vendor.
- Email/Website – Create, deploy and manage email campaigns to support ticket sales and awareness initiatives via Wordfly utilizing segmented lists as directed by Marketing and other departments. Understand, follow and stay current on email best practices; making recommendations for changes. Analyze, recap and report on email marketing results on a monthly basis to identify trends, effectiveness and areas for improvement. Help support the upkeep of content on Milwaukee Rep’s website to ensure accurate information and a positive patron experience. Create, edit and update pages keeping information as accurate as possible. Generate and analyze monthly reports of website activity and identify trends and analytics via Milwaukee Rep’s Google Analytics account.
- Signage/Design – Serve as staff lead to make sure that all Rep digital signage is up to date. Provide Graphic Design support for publications, email communications, signage and Social Media posts.
- Additional Support – Represent Milwaukee Rep at on- and off-site events, conferences and festivals (may include evenings and weekends). Support the Chief Marketing Officer in execution of marketing plans and collaborate on marketing strategies to increase tickets sales. Contribute to Marketing Department’s event planning, coordination and execution. Support and collaborate with other marketing team members on a project-by-project basis. Other duties as needed or assigned
- Other – Attend staff meetings, marketing meetings and other meetings as required. Attend Opening Nights as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or communications with 2-3 years of experience
- Familiarity with and passion for the performing arts
- Excellent writing and editing skills, and an ability to conceive and shape compelling content
- Strong grasp of digital best practices
- Self-motivated, adaptable, and eager to learn new skills
- Highly organized, able to create streamlined workflow structures and processes
- Able to prioritize and multitask without compromising quality to meet strict deadlines
- Creative thinker and problem-solver
- Collaborative team player, equally comfortable working individually and in groups
- Excellent communicator, able to give clear explanation and direction as needed
- Detail oriented and astute
- Good sense of judgement and discretion in the face of challenging or sensitive situations
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, and Google Suite platforms
- Demonstrated experience in understanding of HTML code
- Strong understanding of Google Analytics
- Proficiency with email marketing platform such as WordFly
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, etc.) and ability to provide graphic design support
- Must be able to work some evenings and weekends
- In compliance with federal law, the person hired in this position will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire
- Ability to pass a background check in compliance with local, state and/or federal laws
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate in person and on the telephone. This position semi-frequently lifts, carries, or otherwise moves and positions objects weighing up to 25 pounds without assistance. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision.
Compensation and Benefits: Salary is commensurate with experience. Milwaukee Repertory Theater employees receive benefits including 100% employer paid health and dental insurance for individuals, a paid time off package, an employer provided contribution to a 403(b) retirement plan without requiring an employee match, and employer contributions to a health savings account, as well as offering a health reimbursement arrangement.
Fill out an online application and submit Cover Letter, Resume, and Salary Requirements Attn to: Lisa Fulton, Chief Marketing Officer at: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Apply/234154/Milwaukee-Repertory-Theater-Inc/Content-Manager