Milwaukee Repertory Theater, a LORT theater located in the heart of Wisconsin’s largest metropolitan area, is currently seeking applicants for the position of Digital Content Manager. Our mission is to ignite positive changes in the cultural, social, and economic vitality of our community by creating world-class theater experiences that entertain, provoke, and inspire meaningful dialogue among an audience representative of Milwaukee’s rich diversity. It is important that our hiring practices reflect this commitment to diversity and we strongly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups.
Position Summary: Milwaukee Rep is seeking a Digital Content Manager to join our staff! The Digital Content Manager serves as a key member of the marketing team and is responsible for leading and supporting all things digital, including email campaign development and deployment, web content updates and maintenance, and digital advertising. This position also serves as primary written content generator for Milwaukee Rep materials and works to uphold the mission, vision, and values of the theater by working to create and maintain content that is in alignment with Milwaukee Rep’s ED&I vision statement.
Other major duties and responsibilities include:
- Content: Draft content and copy for Marketing communication pieces including postcards, website, emails, blogs, and marketing sales letters. Edit and/or proofread writing created by other staff members/departments and freelancers. Provide content support for social media posts.
- Email Marketing: Create, deploy and manage email campaigns using WordFly software. Maintain Milwaukee Rep’s email calendar and schedule. Understand, follow and stay current on email best practices; making recommendations for changes. Analyze, recap and report on email marketing results on a monthly basis to identify trends, effectiveness and areas for improvement.
- Website Support: Manage updates and maintenance of Milwaukee Rep’s website to ensure accurate information and a positive patron experience. Generate and analyze monthly reports of website activity and identify trends and data using Google Analytics.
- Digital Advertising: Create digital strategy for organic and paid ad campaigns across display and social media channels.
- Signage/Design: Serve as staff lead to maintain Milwaukee Rep digital signage. Provide graphic design support for publications, email communications, signage, display ads and social posts.
- Marketing Support: Represent Milwaukee Rep at on- and off- site events, conferences and festivals (may include evenings and weekends). Support the Chief Marketing Officer in execution of marketing plans and collaborate on marketing strategies to increase ticket sales. Contribute to Marketing Department’s event planning, coordination and execution. Support and collaborate with other marketing team members on a project by project basis. Other duties as needed or assigned.
Compensation and Benefits: Milwaukee Rep is offering a competitive salary in the mid $40k range. Employees receive benefits including 100% employer paid health and dental insurance premiums for the individual employee, employer contributions to a health savings account, a paid time off package and 403(b) retirement plan.
- Minimum three to five years of professional experience in content strategy execution and management, including written content creating, editing, and branding consistently, as well as in digital marketing
- Exemplary writing and proofreading skills and demonstrated editorial experience with the ability to constructively edit and guide the content of other writers to remain consistent with brand, style, and tone, as well as with a raised consciousness towards Milwaukee Rep’s ED&I efforts
- Three to five years experience of website management using a content management system
- Excellent project and time management skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team setting as well as equally comfortable working individually and in groups
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Suite platforms
- Solid knowledge of HTML required
- Sound understanding of Google Analytics
- Proficiency with email marketing platform such as WordFly
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suites (InDesign, Photoshop, etc.) and ability to provide graphic design support
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends on occasion
- The ideal candidate will have a passion for the performing arts and/or non-profit organizations
Deadline to apply is Friday, April 23, 2021. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis thereafter until the position is filled. In order to maintain an equitable process, everyone must apply online. Any candidate who requires different accommodations to submit an online application should contact email@example.com
About Milwaukee Repertory Theater: Milwaukee Rep is the largest performing arts organization in Wisconsin welcoming 300,000 people at 700 performances of 15 productions a season at the Patty & Jay Baker Theater Complex featuring three unique performance venues – the Quadracci Powerhouse, Stiemke Studio and Stackner Cabaret. For over six decades, Milwaukee Rep has been a centerpiece of Milwaukee’s vibrant arts and cultural scene with productions ranging from Broadway musicals to Shakespeare to American Classics and New Works that are entertaining, inclusive and impactful. Under the leadership of Artistic Director Mark Clements and Executive Director Chad Bauman, Milwaukee Rep ignites positive change in the cultural, social and economic vitality of our community by creating world-class theater experiences that entertain, provoke, and inspire meaningful dialogue among an audience representative of Milwaukee’s rich diversity. Every season requires a team of dedicated, passionate and skilled people. Whether it be a 30+ year veteran employee or one who’s never experienced a Milwaukee winter before, everyone shares a common sense of purpose and determination that enables us to bring world-class theater to the stage. Season after season, our accomplished team never ceases to amaze!
To read more about Milwaukee Repertory Theater, please visit: www.MilwaukeeRep.com
To read more about Milwaukee Repertory Theater’s commitment to Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion, including our ED&I Vision of Success, please Click Here
Fill out an online application and submit Cover Letter that explains why your qualifications would make you a great candidate for the position and Resume, Attn to: Lisa Fulton, Chief Marketing Officer