Position: General Manager
Reports to: Managing Director
Status: Full-Time, Annual, Exempt
Application Deadline: July 5, 2019
Milwaukee Repertory Theater is seeking an experienced, outgoing, and organized General Manager to be responsible for several key business operations of a large regional theater operating on LORT A, B & D contracts, including negotiating and contracting with artists and agents, company management, facilities, operations, rentals and information technology. This position reports to the Managing Director.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the negotiating and contracting process for artists for an 11-show production season spanning three theater spaces in addition to workshops and educational offerings.
- Manage the artistic budget including expenses for directors, choreographers, coaches, designers and actors.
- Develop and implement co-production agreements and budgets
- License plays and negotiate royalties
- Supervise the following staff (direct reports): Company Manager, Chief Building Engineer, Management Assistant, Receptionists. Manage contracted services for housekeeping and IT.
- Supervise the administration of union agreements (LORT/AEA, SDC, USA and Operating Engineers) and assist in negotiations with the Operating Engineers and IATSE contracts.
- Oversee facilities management and building operations and serve as the primary staff lead for the Facilities Committee of the Board.
- Develop and oversee annual IT support contract and services including telephone, internet and computers and plan for annual capital expenses.
- Manage building rentals and coordinate use of facilities and space within the theater complex.
- Work closely with HR on human resource administration, fostering strong inter-departmental and building-wide communication, document policies and procedures, and work with staff to implement those policies and procedures.
- Serve as liaison to the volunteer “Friends of The Rep” board
- Uphold the mission and core values of the theater, with a raised consciousness towards equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Theater, Management, Producing or Arts Administration is required. A Masters Degree is preferred.
- Three (3) years experience in general management, company management, or producing at a performing arts institution.
- Enjoys problem-solving on a day-to-day basis with an eye toward proactive decision-making
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Experience with collective bargaining and/or labor contracts in a performing arts environment
- Experience with Microsoft Office is required
- Ability to work across a vast diversity of ages, skill, and educational/cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to pass a background check in accordance with state and/or Federal laws
Milwaukee Repertory Theater is committed to creating a culturally diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
When applying, please include a resume and cover letter and apply at the following link:
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org