MUSIC OF THE BAROQUE: Audience Services Manager
Music of the Baroque is seeking an energetic, motivated, well-organized individual with box office experience to serve as Audience Services Manager. This is an excellent full-time opportunity to join the dynamic and experienced team at one of Chicago’s top classical music groups, fast approaching its 50th anniversary.
Music of the Baroque is a professional chamber orchestra and chorus specializing in the performance of music from the 17th and 18th centuries, particularly the works of Bach, Handel, Vivaldi, Mozart, and Haydn. With an annual budget of over $2 million and a full-time administrative staff of eight, the ensemble performs regularly at the Harris Theater in downtown Chicago and the North Shore Center for the Performance Arts in Skokie as well as at city and suburban church venues.
The Audience Services Manager serves as the organization’s principal customer service representative. Specific responsibilities include:
• Handling subscription and single ticket inquiries and orders;
• Managing and maintaining the ticketing system and buyer database, including related website pages, and analyzing subscription and ticket sales;
• Managing and expanding audience cultivation and group sales efforts;
• Attending all concerts, managing on-site box office operations, and serving as principal liaison to performance venues’ box offices;
• Collaborating with the development department in solicitation campaigns, data management, and audience events; and
• Other tasks as they arise in what is a versatile and multi-tasking work environment.
Minimum of two years full-time work experience, including box office experience; strong analytical abilities and computer skills including ticketing systems, databases, and Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel; excellent communication skills, verbal and written; commitment to excellent customer service; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously; Experience in arts administration, knowledge of PatronManager/Salesforce, and love of classical music desired.
To apply: email resume and cover letter detailing relevant experience, explaining interest in the position and citing salary requirements to email@example.com with “Audience Services Manager” in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Music of the Baroque is an equal opportunity employer. For more information about Music of the Baroque, visit www.baroque.org.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org