Website Music of the Baroque
Help bring Baroque music to new audiences! Join the great team at Music of the Baroque (MOB), one of Chicago’s top classical groups. In its 51st concert season, MOB is a professional chamber orchestra and chorus specializing in music by Bach, Mozart, Handel, and Haydn. MOB has an annual budget of $2.1 million and a full-time administrative staff of eight.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Communications and working with the marketing team, the newly created position of Digital Content Manager plays a key role in reaching new and diverse audiences and building on our already loyal patron base. Full time position, some remote and flexible work possible.
35% | Email Communications & Website
· Create and manage email campaigns promoting organizational activities, including concert activities, targeted marketing and development efforts, and arts education
· Managing all website updates and audits, including new event and season launches, subscription and single tickets campaigns, and OnDemand/other virtual programming
· Oversee enhanced use of PatronManager (MOB’s contact management, ticketing, and development database) for marketing communications, analysis, and reports, as well as exploring and developing capacity for remarketing
· Support accessibility efforts including captioning for all virtual events as needed, creating alt text for images, and other initiatives
35% | Social Media
· Primary responsibility for MOB’s social media accounts including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
· Create and post original content about organizational activities in alignment with marketing and communication strategies, from general awareness of classical music to concerts and arts education activities; optimize copy and assets for each platform
20% | Digital Advertising & Analytics
· Manage MOB’s digital calendar listings, optimizing content and images for media outlets
· Set up advertising campaigns across Facebook, Instagram, Google, and other providers; monitor and report regularly on results
· Manage Google Analytics account and provide regular reporting on web traffic and other KPIs for Music of the Baroque’s website
· Meet as needed with consultants
10% | Department Support & Special Projects:
· Work collaboratively as part of a small team, working at concerts and supporting other live and virtual events
· Assisting Audience Services Manager in providing excellent customer support on phone and via email
· Provide general support to Director of Marketing, specifically related to web-based projects and communications
· Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree and at least 2 years professional marketing/communications/digital content experience, preferably in the arts; superior written and oral communication skills; demonstrated planning and project management skills; strong computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, all social media platforms, and e-marketing providers such as Emma/Constant Contact. Knowledge of PatronManager and/or Salesforce and knowledge of/interest in classical music a big plus.
Email resume and cover letter detailing relevant experience, explaining interest in the position, and citing salary requirements with “Digital Content Manager search” in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Music of the Baroque offers excellent benefits and is an equal opportunity employer committed to the values of diversity, equality, inclusion, and accessibility. For more information about Music of the Baroque, visit baroque.org.
To apply for this job email your details to Baroquejobs2021@gmail.com