Website My Art House Studio
Creating kind, strong, & confident kids through dance and art!
My Art House Studio provides onsite dance and art classes throughout Chicago.
At My Art House Studio, we believe that expressing yourself through art and dance not only brings joy, but also instills a sense of community, and teaches valuable life skills; all of which are important during difficult times. It is our goal to empower young people to engage fearlessly in new things, and immerse themselves in the artistic creative process to awaken their true potential.
Spanish Speaking Dance Teacher:
Program Information: We have received a grant to partner with a Chicago Public School in the Wicker Park area to provide in-school dance classes for elementary school aged students three days a week in the spring. This particular school has recently received a large number of migrant students who speak only Spanish.
– Must be fluent in Spanish.
– Must be available between the hours of 12-3:30pm M/W/F in the Wicker Park neighborhood from February-May 2024.
– Must have 5+ years of dance teaching experience.
– Must be able to pass a background check per CPS requirements.
– Must have the passion and emotional intelligence to work with a variety of needs in the classroom.
– Must be prompt, creative, and organized to choreograph, rehearse, and execute a final showcase.
Bonuses: *These skills are not needed to apply and be considered*
– Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in dance, arts pedagogy, or education.
– Trained in Trauma Informed Pedagogy techniques
– CPR Certified
-Our teachers our W-2 employees
-This program provides an assistant teacher for the entirety of the program.
– SEL (Social Emotional Learning) and CRT (Culturally Responsive Teaching) trainings available throughout the year.
– Reimbursement of up to $250/year for relevant training after 6 months of employment.
– Growth opportunities as we continue to expand our programs and offerings.
– Pay Transparency. We split our CPS programming 50/50 with our teaching artists. These programs do not exist and thrive without qualified and well cared for teachers and we recognize the significant impact teachers have on our organization. That is why we’ve broken from the traditional 80:20 model of Organization:Teacher often seen in educational organizations.
For more about us please visit Myarthousestudio.com.
Please submit a teaching resume and brief description of your teaching philosophy to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to Hello@myarthousestudio.com