Remote (must use personal laptop, mobile phone and have access to internet). Travel to South
Shore Cultural Center (7059 S. South Shore Drive) weekly and other park locations as needed.
Chicago Park District envisions parks as vital cultural spaces that encourage all Chicagoans to
explore and embrace the arts and their power to enhance individual quality of life,
neighborhood development and community dialogue. The Park District works with many of
Chicago’s performing arts artists and organizations to offer music, theater, dance and other art
forms in parks across the city.
Night Out in the Parks brings over 2,000 cultural events to neighborhood parks engaging over
300,000 participants each year, creating safe, active hubs of cultural activity. Chicago based
artists and organizations share their passions via multi-disciplinary performances and
community events in parks.
The Night Out in the Parks Program Assistant – Year of Chicago Theatre will collaborate
primarily with theater artists and organizations to coordinate and support theater events from
the early planning stages through production and execution. This work involves assessing both
the needs of artists and individual parks in order to create mutually beneficial relationships and
successful events. The position may also be called upon to support additional community
outreach and marketing efforts.
○ Serve on the Night Out in the Parks Program Committee as a liaison between
artists/partners and parks
○ Prepare contract information for assigned artists/partners
○ Schedule public programs & events
○ Coordinate artists/partners onsite logistics for events and performances
○ Collect data regarding event production, execution and attendance
○ Provide overall support to Night Out in the Parks Manager and Coordinators
Preferred Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
○ Proven organizational and time management skills with attention to detail
○ Proactive with the ability to work independently and as a team member
○ Outstanding written and oral communication skills
○ Ability to communicate with artists, Chicago Park District supervisors, community
organization administrators and other representatives
○ Familiarity with Chicago performing arts scene
○ Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Google Drive and the ability to learn new
technology tools as needed
○ Knowledge of basic technical production skills, including PA systems, handheld
○ Familiarity with audience development strategies as they relate to community
outreach and marketing / social media
○ Knowledge of record keeping and data collection
○ This position may at times be required to transport equipment. Eligible
candidate must have consistent access to a vehicle.
Desirable Minimum Qualifications:
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in Arts
Administration or related field, supplemented by 2-3 years of event planning, arts
management, or related experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience is
April 1 to October 31, 2018
Approximately 35 hours/week
This is a contract position
$18,200 (approx $20/hr); approximately 35 hours per week
Bi-weekly payments based on invoice
Selected candidates will be subject to a background check (fingerprint scan).
To apply, please send resume/CV and letter of interest to
email@example.com by March 11 at 4:00 PM CST.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org