Overall Description: Working under the supervision of the advancement team, the advancement intern will perform a variety of tasks relating to raising funds for Northlight Theatre.
The Internship Experience Includes:
· Opportunities to interface with Northlight Theatre staff in all departments, including Artistic Director B.J. Jones and Executive Director Tim Evans.
· One-on-one meeting with selected professionals in Chicago theatre for Q&A and networking upon request.
· Attend and participate in all internal meetings including weekly meetings with Advancement, monthly check-ins with Marketing, and Staff and Audience Engagement meetings which typically occur bi-monthly.
· Discounts and complimentary tickets to professional productions in Chicago.
· Attending Northlight Opening Nights. (Fall and Spring only)
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· 15-20 hours weekly; days/times flexible
· Attend and assist with Opening Night receptions.
· Assist with the planning and execution of all donor, fundraising, and cultivation events throughout the year.
· Includes 300-person gala, off-site events at venues in Evanston like SPACE, and major donor receptions at the theatre and in donors’ homes
· Assist in regular donor communications, including eblasts, appeal mailings, and event invitations.
· Enter donor information into CRM software eTapestry, and assist in donor acknowledgement.
· Track donor campaigns and enhance our stewardship effort.
· Assist in researching new funding opportunities.
· Research and share best practices in fundraising strategies for the arts.’
Skills & Requirements:
Excellent writing, researching, communication and organizational skills are essential. Must have familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite, with specific experience working with Microsoft Excel. Undergrads and recent graduates with an interest in not-for-profit management, fundraising, and the arts should apply.
Visit Northlight Theatre’s website at www.northlight.org/internship to fill out the application. Thank you!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com