Job Title: Production Intern
Dates: Spring 2020: Monday, January 6 – Friday, May 15, 2020
Pay: $250 stipend
Deadline to apply: November 11, 2019
Overall Description: Working under the supervision of the Production Manager and Assistant Production Manager, the Production Intern will experience all aspects of a professional theatre Production Department. The production intern will observe the production process through attendance at production meetings, and assisting with prop and scene shop organization and prep.
• Opportunities to interface with Northlight Theatre staff in all departments, including Artistic Director B.J. Jones and Executive Director Tim Evans.
• Career development workshops such as resume building, interviewing skills, etc., and mentorship in pursuing theatre as a career.
• One-on-one meetings with selected professionals in Chicago theatre.
• Discounts and complimentary tickets to professional productions in Chicago.
• Attending Northlight Opening Nights.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• 15-25 hours weekly; days/times flexible
• Assist with the scenery, costume, light, sound, and prop load in and load out of assigned shows.
• Perform company management duties as assigned
• Work with shop and crew staff.
• Participate in staff and departmental meetings.
• Support Northlight Staff at special events.
• Assist with select general administrative duties, e.g. shop organization
• Attend some pre-production and production meetings
Skills & Requirements:
• Must have excellent organizational and interpersonal skills. Must be able to lift 35+ lbs and perform basic scene shifts, costume changes, and prop set ups as required. Must have driver’s license, and own car is preferred.
Visit Northlight Theatre’s website at www.northlight.org/internship to fill out the application. Thank you!