Nothing Without a Company seeks a part-time finance coordinator. This position is an independent contract position. This is a new position that would be 5-40 hours a month depending on the production schedule.
SCOPE OF WORK – Responsible for overall Finance Committee activities in keeping with nonprofit accounting practices. Communication with organization’s staff, independent contractors, participants, funders, and vendors. Processing payroll, and supervision of box office cashier.
The ideal candidate for this position must have a proficient knowledge of QuickBooks nonprofit. They must have a keen attention to detail, assume responsibility for accurate record keeping, and have a positive attitude. They must be able to work well independently and with others.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Leading Finance Committee Meetings
- Bookkeeping and Payroll
- All communication must go through a company email address and lists updated in Google drive.
- Processing and managing monthly payroll for the staff and independent contractors.
- Monitoring Account Receivable and Account Payable for all entities.
- Managing cash receipts & bank deposits processing.
- Tracking funding sources and processing invoices.
- Reconciling Monthly bank accounts, credit card and petty cash reconciliations through QuickBooks.
- Running Reports & Forms for the Development Committee and Grants.
- Monthly, quarterly and year-end financial statements (as needed by the Board of Directors)
- Annual budget preparation.
- Record Keeping / Maintenance.
- Any other bookkeeping tasks assigned by the Board of Directors.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or comparable professional experience.
- Excellent with cash handling, deadline-management, written, and verbal communications skills.
- Proficient in QuickBooks for Nonprofits, Excel, Word and the Google suite.
- Nonprofit financial & budget preparation experience (preferable)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize and timely manage various projects with strict deadlines
- Ability to work independently and interdependently
- Nothing Without a Company gives preference to candidates who have demonstrable experience advocating for equity, diversity and inclusion.
Nothing Without a Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in all areas of the organization’s work. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with cover letter and resume by March 24, 2019 to schedule an interview. Please include “Finance Coordinator” in the subject line of your email.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com