Nothing Without a Company seeks a part-time Production Manager. The Production Manager is responsible for overseeing all production related aspects of each production in the season and to ensure the efficiency of the production process by working as a liaison between the cast, crew, director and staff team. The Production Manager is also responsible for providing supervision and guidance for all production related elements for other scheduled happenings and events including the annual fundraising gala. The Production Manager is responsible to the Managing Director and Co-Artistic Directors.
· Assist with maintaining budget of production elements, managing the production calendar, and coordinating the various production departments.
· Provide an accurate and timely financial accounting of all expenses, receive approval prior to purchases.
· Schedule work, production meetings, and strike.
· Assist with rehearsal schedule, the rehearsal process, and preparation.
· Liaison between the space and the production. Assure appropriate use of the rehearsal/performance space, ensuring space is left better than found and respect is paid to the venue management and others using the space.
· Assist with keeping communication open with participating producers, directors and designers.
· Serve as point of contact for all production related inquiries and/or issues.
· Update and maintain NWaC master calendar of performances, events and happenings.
· Regularly attend staff meetings.
· Hiring production staff: writing job descriptions, posting job ads, scheduling interviews, conducting interviews, and writing contracts.
· Assist with logistics of receiving in kind donations, loaner/rental equipment, etc.
· Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s degree in business management, non-profit management, or related field preferred.
· Non-profit experience, especially in the performing arts, preferred.
· Proven ability supervising and guiding production elements of theatrical productions and events.
· Highly effective communication skills with excellent oral and written communication.
· Nothing Without a Company gives preference to candidates who have demonstrable experience advocating for equity, diversity and inclusion.
Nothing Without a Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in all areas of the organization’s work. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Email email@example.com with cover letter and resume by March 24, 2019 to schedule an interview. Please include “Production Manager” in the subject line of your email.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org