Nothing Without a Company seeks a part-time Box Office Manager for the production of The Soccer Player In The Closet. This position is a contract position for this individual production with the contract ending at the conclusion of the production run.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
Must be in attendance for all performances including previews and invited dress.
Invited Dress run: February 10 @ 6pm
Previews: February 11-13 @ 7pm
Performance dates: February 14 – March 17, 2018
Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays @ 7pm
Hours: 6pm to 8pm
- Manage Box Office email. All communication must go through email@example.com and lists updated in google drive.
- Manage ticketing through Brown Paper Tickets (BPT), HotTix and Chicago Arts Access (CAA).
- Set up and manage communication about comp tickets for NWaC, Press, Jeffs, and other invited guests. Through BPT and lists on Google Drive
- Manage ticket exchanges through BPT
- Assist in coordination of group ticket sales
- Communicate with CAA and possible communication with CAA attendees.
- Maintain records for WALK-UP LIST (this includes Hottix and CAA) and BPT LIST for every show.
- Accurately account for all transactions, cash and electronic
- Update box-office report post show
- Collect all funds at each show
- Give all funds to designated individual. This procedure will be determined closer to the production.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or comparable professional experience.
· Experience in box office or related field preferred.
· Excellent with cash handling, deadline-management, written, and verbal communications skills.
· Proficient in Excel, Word and the Google suite.
· Ability to speak Spanish and/or Portuguese is a plus.
· Nothing Without a Company gives preference to candidates who have demonstrable experience advocating for equity, diversity and inclusion.
Nothing Without a Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in all areas of the organization’s work. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with cover letter and resume by February 1, 2019 to schedule an interview. Please include “Box Office Manager” in the subject line of your email.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com