Website Oak Park Festival Theatre
- Create and maintain a full production timeline and schedule prior to the process getting underway.
- Schedule and lead production and design meetings and record/distribute comprehensive notes from meetings.
- Facilitate the purchasing of production materials, ensuring cost-effectiveness, pick-up and delivery, and timely submission of check requests.
- Collaborate as necessary with Operations Coordinator on details associated with production (lights, sound, video, etc.) and construction (tools, lumber, hardware, etc.) inventory
- Hire and contract Production Staff in collaboration with the Producer as necessary, as well as issuing payroll requests in a timely fashion to ensure accurate and on-time disbursement.
- Manage and supervise the Production Staff and Interns of the Play.
- Schedule meetings, rehearsals, and any other production needs as necessary.
- Communicate with all participants of the Play via the Producer’s preferred methods (Basecamp, Google Drive, etc.)
- Create and manage the implementation of a weather safety plan for the Play through the Technical Director and Stage Manager.
- Makes the call for “on site” weather conditions and holds TD accountable for ensuring the safety of the interns.
- Be available as necessary to address notes arising from Preview Performances and delegate to appropriate crew where possible.
- Consult as necessary with the Director, Designers, Production Staff, and/or other Oak Park Festival Theatre staff regarding the play.
- PM will be responsible for opening and/or closing any secure building on any date when it is necessary to schedule production activities outside of normal building hours. PM will be given a key as well as alarm access in order to facilitate this responsibility. PM will return keys to Producer at the end of this contract.
- All scheduled Design and Production Meetings
- All table readings
- Weekly meetings, to be scheduled with the Managing Director either in-person or virtual
- Load in/Build as necessary
- All Technical Rehearsals and Previews of the Play
- As needed during the run in response to any technical problem solving
- Strike of the play
- During the contract period, no conflicts will be honored during the two weeks between dry tech and opening unless pre-approved by the Producer.
- 2 complimentary tickets to Opening, 4 complimentary tickets which can be used for public performances of the Play other than Opening.
- Payment in the amount of $3,500.00 to be paid in installments.
- Pre-production meetings begin remote in January, TBD
- Design Lock March 2023
- Install/Internship begins May 30, 2023 (DAILY ON SITE SCHEDULE BEGINS)
- First Rehearsal June 14, 2023
- Tech week July 5-11
- Previews July 12-14
- Opening July 15
- Closing August 19
- Strike August 20, 2023
Please email resume, cover letter, and brief introduction to email@example.com with the subject line "Production Manager: FIRST & LAST NAME"
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org