Internship opportunities at Oak Park Festival Theater are designed to provide an educational, inspirational & career-broadening experience for post high school & undergraduate college students in a variety of aspects of theater arts. The scope of the duties and projects are diverse in nature, but every effort is made to provide an intern experience based on the educational desires of individual Intern Program participants. Intern candidate to the program should be highly driven, enthusiastic and resourceful.
OPFT Interns work with Chicago area theater professionals. Your intern experience should allow you to connect your art and college experiences to work being done by theater professionals in a creative and supportive atmosphere.
Broaden your understanding of professional theater in the Chicago area. Interning with OPFT allows you to begin to build a professional theater network. These connections may lead to future jobs in the industry and invaluable professional contacts within the theater community.
Administration Intern will work with management in the following areas:
- Donor Management
- Accessibility and Inclusion programing
- Website updates
- Social Media
- Marketing & Advertising
- Broad understanding and passion for all aspects of theatre
- Curiosity and ambition to learn new skillsets
- Highly organized
- Competency in Word, excel
- Knowledge of WordPress a plus
- Knowledge in film/photo editing a plus
- Ability to use personal laptop/computer a plus, but not required.
- This is a good internship for those who are looking to go into Theater Administration, or are thinking of starting their own company one day. It will give you a comprehensive look at all sides of theater administration.
Time requirements: Typically Administrative Internships with OPFT are 3 month commitments. 5-10 hours per week approx. based on project assignments. On site in office time is flexible and can be arranged with management around your own schedule.
INTERNS ADDITIONALLY RECEIVE:
- Four (4) complimentary tickets to all OPFT summer season productions, and two (2) tickets to all OPFT summer season opening night performances. Two (2) tickets to all other OPFT indoor shows during the season.
- The opportunity to take advantage of our First Folio Theatre ticket summer season exchange program.
- College credit as arranged with your individual college or university.
To apply, please fill out the application located at: https://oakparkfestival.com/theatre-administration-intern-application/
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com