Oak Park Festival Theatre is currently searching for a Production Manager for their 2020 production of The Tempest
SEASON 2020 DETAILS:
By William Shakespeare
Directed by Barbara Zahora
1ST REHEARSAL: JUNE 17, 2020
TECH JULY 4-10
PREVIEWS JULY 11-17
OPENING JULY 18
CLOSING AUGUST 23
STRIKE AUGUST 24
POSSIBLE EXTENSION AUGUST 27-SEPTEMBER 6
EXTENSION STRIKE SEPTEMBER 7
The Production Manager oversees all aspects of the designated production, coordinating between the director, designers, stage management, and technical teams.
Duties and responsibilities
Major Areas of Responsibility:
· Supervising all designers, staff, and crew of the production and ensure the efficiency of the production process
· Facilitate clear communications throughout the production process, and act as a liaison between directors, designers, stage managers, and OPFT production and administrative staff.
· Work with the Intern Coordinator/Operations Manager to schedule interns, other labor, and material resources as needed by the design team and production crew
· Facilitate a smooth and safe production that is executed on-time and on-budget
· Maintain a high-level of performance while overseeing multiple teams
· Develop an artist-oriented culture that emphasizes quality and high performance, inclusivity and collaboration, and above all respect to every member of the team
· Supervise the Design Process
· Coordinate and conduct all design and production meetings.
· Attend first read through, designer run, technical rehearsals and previews as necessary.
· Maintain department contact information and show rosters.
· Ensure timely production and exchange of designs and design components, especially those that affect multiple disciplines
· Facilitate Clear Communication
· Oversee proper HR documentation collection where appropriate, including by not limited to: contracts, tax forms, and bios. Assist in the hiring process of technical and design staff/crew
· Provide regular updates to Managing Director and Artistic Director about status of production
· Work with Operations to provide labor and materials to production team
· Help to ensure company compliance with all union rules and safety standards
· Work with Facilities Manager to ensure necessary materials and equipment have been procured and provided in a timely fashion
· Work with Managing Director to maintain production budget and avoid unnecessary overages
· Job Requirements:
· 3 full-sized productions managed as a Stage Manager or a Production Manager, or 3 years in a project management role
· Any previous experience working in outdoor theatre
· Working knowledge of all technical aspects of production
· Ability to effectively manage multiple team concurrently
· Basic understanding of financial statements
· Education and Experience: A bachelor’s degree or equal requisite training in a professional setting
· Physical Demands: 2/3 of the job is Project Management and can be done remotely. 1/3 of the job will involve participation and attendance to on-site meetings and site visits.
Oak Park Festival Theatre is primarily an outdoor summer theatre. Additionally, current offices are on the third floor in a building with no elevator.
Oak Park Festival Theatre is a primarily outdoor summer theater. To participate to the fullest ability of the job, any applicant must be able to fulfill the physical demands of working in an outdoor environment.
· Receives direct reports from but not limited to the following depending on production needs:
· Stage Management
· Design Team
· Technical Director
· Intern Coordinator
Please email your resume, work experience, and any other applicable materials to Bryan Wakefield, Managing Director - firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com