Oak Park Festival Theater is currently seeking a Production Manger for our 2019 Summer Season. (Show details and dates below).
SEASON 2019 DETAILS:
By Timothy Findley
Directed by Barbara Zahora
1ST REHEARSAL: MAY 22, 2019
TECH JUNE 8-11
PREVIEWS JUNE 12-14
OPENING JUNE 15
CLOSING JULY 21
CHANGEOVER JULY 22-23
MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING
By William Shakespeare
Directed by Melanie Keller
1ST REHEARSAL: JULY 1, 2019
TECH JULY 20-24
PREVIEWS JULY 25 – 26
OPENING JULY 27
CLOSING AUGUST 31
STRIKE SEPT 1
Under the supervision of the Artistic and Managing Directors, the Production Manager is responsible for directly and indirectly supervising all production personnel and some artistic personnel; working with all directors and designers to ensure all productions are completed on time, in budget, and to OPFT standards; creating and maintaining production budgets and calendars; and coordinating daily crew calls with the Stage Management team, Designer with the summer interns.
Specific Job Responsibilities (including but not limited to)
· Developing and administering production calendars and design deadlines for each production.
· Guiding all directors/design teams through the design process to guarantee timely completion.
· Scheduling and assuring the execution of director and designer initial concept meetings and scheduling and executing all production meetings throughout the entire production process.
· With the appropriate technical staff, analyzing all designs submitted to determine the feasibility of execution within the allotted time, budget, and personnel available.
· Facilitating clear communications throughout the production process and acting as a liaison between directors, interns, designers, stage managers, and administrative staff.
· Apprising the Producer/s of the status of the design process on a regular basis and scheduling appropriate meetings with directors and designers for the Producer’s design approval.
· Working with external vendors for scenery, electrics, and sound to assure items will arrive on time and in budget.
· With appropriate technical, production, and stage management staff, determining and setting load-in, technical rehearsal, and preview schedules for each production.
· Attending and overseeing the load-in, technical rehearsal, and preview process until press opening.
· Supervising production staff material and labor budgets.
· Colleting all receipts from the production team, on a weekly biases and submitting to the financial manager
· Apprising the Producer/s of the status of production budgets on a regular basis.
General Job Responsibilities
· Being an inclusive leader.
· Committing to a practice of integrity and discretion.
· Problem solving and reacting to change productively and professionally.
· Managing personal work flow effectively, including completing tasks assigned accurately and in a timely manner.
· Touching base in the park at least once a week during the run of the shows to personally check on the status in the park.
· Taking direction and working well with others.
· Performing other tasks as assigned and working as part of a team.
· Directing the workflow of others.
· Scheduling interns to specific shifts and/or assigning their workload.
· Broad understanding of all aspects of theatre, including production, design, acting, dance, stage direction, and stage management.
· Proven experience creating, monitoring, and adhering to budgets.
· Experience overseeing production calendars and schedules.
· Ability to read ground plans, light plots, and costume renderings.
· Ability to read a script and assess requirements in regards to staffing, budgeting, and design.
· Excellent communication and negotiation skills, ability to manage shifting and competing priorities, and proven problem-solving skills.
· Ability to negotiate and mediate artistic and technical discussions.
· Ability to exercise good judgement and discretion as well as maintain a positive and professional attitude in stressful environments and situations.
· Experience working at outdoor venues a plus.
· Reliable transportation required.
Please email your resume, website/examples of your work to Jhenai@oakparkfestival.com