Oil Lamp Theater in Glenview, IL is seeking talented executive leadership to continue its success stimulating interest in the performing arts while presenting traditional theater in a unique inviting and intimate venue and promoting a sense of, and provide a service to, the community.
Executive Director which serves as the chief executive of the theater and reports to the Board of Directors. This position has executive responsibility for all artistic, production, and administrative operations of the theater. The Executive Director also serves as the primary spokesperson for the theater to the public. The Executive Director is responsible for building and maintaining community awareness about the theater and its mission, and to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders. The Executive Director serves as the executive producer for all productions of the theater, ensuring that all production work remains on schedule and on budget, and that all productions meet the level of artistic quality and consistency as established and expected by the organization and the community. Specific responsibilities include:
· Strategy and Planning
· Artistic and Programming
· Human Resources and Staffing
· Volunteer Program
· Board and Governance
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities include:
1. Bachelor’s degree
2. Extensive knowledge of theater literature, the theater production process, and rights acquisition.
3. Knowledge of basic non-profit accounting and reporting principles.
1. Manage all computerized systems, including Microsoft Office, ticketing, and development systems.
2. Research, write and prepare grant requests.
3. Manage multiple, diverse interests and constituencies.
4. Prepare annual operating budgets and forecasts.
5. Participate in public speaking and presentations necessary to promote the organization.
6. Utilize social media and other web-based technology to help promote the theater.
1. Build and maintain effective professional relationships with community leaders,
funders, patrons, staff and volunteers.
2. Lead the organization in furtherance of its mission and vision.
3. Establish and execute a long-term vision for the theater.
4. Work collaboratively and build consensus with all stakeholders to promote the efficient and stable operation of the theater.
5. Assess and respond to the needs of both our current and potential audiences, volunteers, staff, funders, and the community at-large.
Position is part-time with compensation of 20-30k.
Interested candidates should send a statement of interest and resume or biographical summary to Keith Gerth, Executive Director and Artistic Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com