The Technical Theatre Assistant/AV Assistant for SD308 Performing Arts Centers oversee day and night events in the Performing Arts Centers and throughout the District under the direction of the District Theatre Manager and Associate District Theatre Managers
- Bachelor’s Degree in Theatre Arts with Technical Focus, in process of obtaining BA, or related experience may be acceptable.
- Working knowledge in Technical Theatre techniques including but not limited to, counterweight fly systems, ETC lighting control systems, Audio systems operation (patching, programming, mixing), Scenic
- Carpentry, and basic Theatrical Rigging.
- Open to learning new systems, including box office ticketing and working in a school environment
- A minimum of one year of previous experience is required
- Work a flexible schedule, which will include nights and weekends
- Supervise evening and weekend events as needed/scheduled
- Supervise student Production Staff members
- Supervise High School theatre staff as needed
- Troubleshoot technical issues as needed, in regard to lighting, audio, video, projection, and digital
- Works with theatrical lighting, audio, video, projection, and digital products
- Designs theatrical lighting, audio, video, projection, and digital as assigned
- Serves as the house manager as needed
- Serves as the box office manager for ticketed events
- Serve as house rigger for all flying scenery
- Serve as a sound, light, video, projection, and scenic designer or technician as needed
- Oversees building rentals in Performing Arts Centers and other audio-visual spaces
- Work event setup and operations throughout the District as assigned
- Assist Communications, Alumni, and BOE events
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. unassisted, as well as climb ladders, work in high places, and be on feet for an extended periods of time
- Other duties as assigned by the Communications Department
Instructions to Apply:
Visit the link below to complete your application.
To apply for this job please visit www.applitrack.com.
Pay Rate/Range*: $17-19/Hour
Organization Contact Name: Scott Bedell
Organization Email Contact: email@example.com