Website Paramount Theatre - Aurora Civic Center Authority
The Aurora Civic Center Authority (ACCA), an innovative organization located on Stolp Island in the Fox River in the heart of the richly diverse community of historic Aurora, Illinois (one hour from downtown Chicago), is seeking a Facilities Operation Manager. ACCA is the parent organization, which also includes a 501(c)3 arm under the name of Paramount Arts Centre, Inc. It operates three performance venues: the 6,000-person RiverEdge Park, the 1,843-seat landmark Paramount Theatre, and the 165-seat, newly renovated Copley Theatre. ACCA produces and presents over 500 performances each year, including star-studded touring productions, a self-produced Broadway Series of musicals and the self-produced Bold Series for an annual audience of 350,000 patrons from over 250 communities. ACCA proudly operates the Paramount School of the Arts in the new John C. Dunham Aurora Arts Center, right next door to Paramount Theatre in downtown Aurora. Paramount Theatre also hosts free community events, $1 Classic Movie Mondays and its opulent interiors provide a spectacular backdrop for private functions such as wedding receptions or corporate galas. Across the street from Paramount Theatre are the gorgeous Meyer Ballrooms, which play host to multiple wedding receptions and rental events throughout the year.
The Aurora Civic Center Authority is committed to being a defining catalyst for personal and community transformation by:
· making the performing arts accessible for every age and socioeconomic background,
· introducing the magic of live theater across generations to encourage expansive imaginations and broad views of people and the world,
· and contributing to the future stability and growth of Aurora’s downtown.
The highest purpose of any theater is to inspire its community toward a more perfect humanity. Such humanity can exist only when every member of the community is included and valued, empowered and heard. To express this truth, ACCA commits its leaders, volunteers, artists and staff to the active, continual and accountable pursuit of the following principles: equity, inclusion and diversity.
ACCA truly believes and lives by its mission statement and its commitment to equity, social justice and inclusion.
DEPARTMENT – Operations
DIRECT REPORTING – Director of Operations
POSITION STATUS & SCHEDULE – Full-time exempt position; generally 8-9 hour days Monday-Friday; some weekends, evenings and holidays
COMPENSATION – Starting at $50k with excellent benefits package including health, paid time off and 401k
HIRE DATE – Immediate
POSITION SUMMARY – Performs maintenance on buildings and grounds of Paramount Theatre, North Island Center Building and RiverEdge Park as well as the Paramount School of the Arts beginning in May.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES –
· Assist with the following safety measures:
· Monthly checks of emergency lighting, exit lighting & fire extinguishers
· Ensure all buildings are in compliance to pass fire inspections and that they remain in compliance after inspection
· Replace batteries & light heads on Exit & EM lighting as needed
· Follow-up on any deficiencies noted in inspections
· Maintain facilities and grounds to prevent safety hazards (i.e. loose carpet, raised or loose concrete, shoveling & salting walk areas)
· Act as secondary contact (on-call 24/7) to respond to building alarms
· Maintain appearance of parking garage, loading dock, plaza, Operation’s shop & office and any other areas that may need attention, and handle general janitorial duties that may arise
· Maintain HVAC equipment through preventative maintenance by cleaning and greasing louver linkages, pumps & motors, changing air & machine filters and replacing belts, troubleshooting malfunctioning equipment, making repairs or scheduling service appointments; clean and calibrate pneumatic thermostats, program digital thermostats; control temperature and respond to calls when issues arise
· Maintain & provide basic repair of faucets, toilets, drains, pumps, water softeners, etc.; perform monthly chemical drain treatment; schedule appointments for necessary plumbing repairs and respond to calls when plumbing issues arise
· Provide general electrical maintenance by replacing bulbs, ballasts and lamp fixtures, replacing/repairing outlets, covers, switches etc. (duplex outlets, single pole switches), replacing/installing new circuit breakers as needed, running wire, conduit & other aspects of electrical repair & updating
· Facilitate traffic control during very limited performances: set-up cones, reserve spots, block off lanes for bus traffic and direct bus traffic during shows
· Assist in opening & closing of RiverEdge Park for the season
· Set-up electrical needs for vendors & shows at RiverEdge Park
· Provide on-site supervision of electrical needs during events/shows at RiverEdge Park (typically weekend hours)
· Perform general carpentry work such as install/repair/adjusting doors & closures, fabricating simple structures, minor masonry work, minor drywall, taping & painting
· Perform other general building maintenance duties including flag maintenance (replacing, lowering & raising), responding to maintenance and janitorial requests by building tenants, receiving and stocking incoming orders, running network wires & cables, controlling vagrancy problems, transporting equipment/supplies & various materials between NIC, PAC & REP, repairing and/or replacing of locks
· Manage and coordinate all inspections
· Assist with any projects or miscellaneous tasks assigned by Director of Operations
In addition to the duties listed above, ACCA expects the following of each employee: adheres to ACCA’s policies and procedures; works in a safe manner; performs duties as workload necessitates; maintains a positive and respectful attitude; communicates regularly with supervisor about department issues; demonstrates efficient time management and prioritizes workload; demonstrates regular and consistent attendance and punctuality; meets productivity standards; participates in ACCA events as needed or required; and completes other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Must have basic carpentry skills for minor construction projects or repairs
· Must be able to lift 50lbs
· Must be able to climb tall ladders and work on lifts
ACCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment, and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability status, marital or familial status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ACCA encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, women, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, veterans, and others who are eager to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.
ACCA participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, ACCA is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating the employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, salary history and/or salary requirement, and 3 references using the online job application at the link below.
Or mail/drop off to: Aurora Civic Center Authority, ATTN: Dave Natchke, 8 East Galena Blvd., Suite 230, Aurora, IL 60506
Or email email@example.com with the subject line: Facilities Operations Manager Job
To apply for this job please visit paramountaurora.com.