Manage the box office and supervise FOH volunteers and ushers for performances.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Checking in patrons as they arrive for the performance.
2. Checking ticket sales from Goldstar and Hot Tix before each performance
3. Selling available tickets prior to each performance.
4. Supervise volunteer ushers
5. Set up and strike concessions and box office before and after shows
6. Fill out FOH performance reports
7. Maintain cleanliness of FOH areas including lobby, restrooms, concession center, and other public spaces.
8. Track concessions inventory and communicate restocking needs.
1. Reports to Executive Director
2. Works directly with patrons.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
1. Must be comfortable working with computerized ticketing system
2. Must be comfortable interacting with patrons
3. Previous experience working box office and/or front of house beneficial, but not required
4. Attention to details and organizational skills
HOURS WORKED AND LENGTH OF EMPLOYMENT
1. This position is stipend and does not receive health insurance benefits;
2. Must be willing to work evenings and weekends
3. Position will be available during the four-week run of the production: Jan. 3 – Jan. 27.
4. Must have weekday availability during the day
To be discussed at offer
Pegasus Theatre Chicago is an Equal Opportunity employer which values and encourages a diverse workforce.
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No calls please.